Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Responsible for operational set-up with equipment, as well as repairs, adjustments, lubrication, preventative maintenance, and cleaning of equipment in assigned area(s) of responsibility. Also, need to follow established procedures and work instructions for job responsibilities and assignments.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Key focus areas / accountabilities including how those accountabilities are managed with percentage of time allocation for each result)
- Properly setting up machines in accordance with established procedures and work instructions.
- Make repairs to machines as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of supplies on the line.
- Responsible for efficient use of consumables.
- Make machine adjustments to maintain acceptable finished product and speed.
- Conform to all quality standards (HACCP, AIB, and CTS including, but not limited to, correct package selection, data collection, and metal detector checks).
- Responsible for conducting product and equipment changeovers as needed.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance activities in your area of responsibility.
- Use SAP as required.
- Follow all approved procedures and work instructions.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis process using tools such as 5-Why and other problem solving methods.
- Maintain good work area housekeeping practices according to 5S standards.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Assist with rework function.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Management.
COMPLEXITY AND SCOPE:
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions and have the ability to write simple correspondence and memoranda.
- Must be able to communicate with respect, to all levels of employees
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read a ruler and tape measure using Metric and English units of measure.
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems involving several variables
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical Capacity screening process may be required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to reach and manipulate materials and equipment.
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Ability to use senses to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and regularly push/pull heavy loads on wheeled dollies.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Must possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED);
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Be able to competently and safely troubleshoot mechanical issues with processing/packaging equipment. Knowledge and experience with basic hand tools is necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED):
- Two years related manufacturing experience.
OTHER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED
- Candidates must meet standards with Mechanical and Work Keys assessments.
% OF TRAVEL REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, hot/cold temperatures, high noise levels, and wet environments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to comply with all safety regulations, support plant safety initiatives, proper operating procedures and utilize prescribed safety equipment such as safety eyeglasses, safety shields, gloves, earplugs, respirators, and approved footwear.
- Ability to deal with a changing work environment and high pressure situations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- This position may require overtime as deemed necessary to support operations and preventive maintenance activities.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.