Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
We are seeking an experienced, versatile and full-time Technologist to join our Global Preservation team and report to Principal Scientist. You will play an important role in supporting Global Preservation team that supports Corbion#39;s Sustainable Food Solution Business. Experience in food analysis and stability assessment is needed. Hands-on experience in advanced chromatography and routine analysis is very helpful.
- Conduct shelf life studies and analyze Aw, PV, TBARS, OSI and headspace oxygen of different food matrices.
- Prepare samples of GC-FID or GC-MS routine analysis.
- Support installation and set-up of new instruments.
- Collect and prepare vrious food samples following established procedures.
- Prepare reagents, chemical solutions and food samples for analytical and shelf life studies.
- Coordinate verification, calibration routines and maintenance program for laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Order chemicals and lab supplies.
- Record or complie test results or prepare graphs/charts using Microsoft Excel or other related software. Ensure all records and documents are complete, legible and accurate.
- Support laboratory operatons through functions such as cleaning, organizing, filing laboratory records and retrieving test results.
- Support team members with projects, as needed.
- Be flexible in taking on additional tasks as needed.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in laboratory function within food, beverage, chemical or pharma industry.
- Hands-on experience in food analysis, PV, TBARS, OSI and/or GC headspace analysis.
- Basic knowledge related to analytical chemistry, food chemistry and food processing.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Able to work independently to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Capable of self-management and multiple project/task management.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2019, Corbion generated annual sales of 976.4 million and had a workforce of 2,138 FTEs. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.