Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
The Bakery Applications Team plays a key role in developing new products for the baking industry, supporting the sales team, procurement, operations, and business development. This team works closely with the bakery industry team and technology teams in leading and executing projects that will deliver products that will meet the market and customer needs.
We are seeking a proactive Technologist to join our Bakery Applications Team. You will execute bakery and non-bakery projects to develop new and improved products to address the needs of our customers.
- Support innovation projects including but not limited to new product development, and procurement & operation support projects
- Be able to work cross functionally with operations, C&D, procurement, and R&D to achieve project objectives
- Lead or support new sample preparation for R&D, customers and Sales in a timely manner
- Report/discuss work status and other critical information with peers and RD management
- Participate prototype development and commercialization
- Establish and document specifications for new products based on lab development and plant trials
- Cultivate a team atmosphere with peer groups and upper management
- Assist in maintaining a lab environment that is clean, organized, and work ready
- Be flexible in taking additional tasks as needed to support company#39;s business goals
- Bachelors degree in Bakery Science, Food Science, Cereal Chemistry, or related fields. A Masters, AIB, or CMB a plus, but not required.
- 1+ years technical experience/development work with a major food or food ingredient company is required.
- Basic formulation and industrial processing knowledge relating to bakery products.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Able to work independently to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences concerning technical and business needs.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Capable of self-management and multiple project/task management
- Self-starting attitude
- Possess a general understanding of bake lab analytical equipment.
- May need to travel overnight 20-30%.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our sustainable ingredient solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. With a worldwide network of production facilities, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries, Corbion is known for quality, product innovation, and customer orientation, as well as for its collegial, informal and results-oriented company culture.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Medical, Product Development, Procurement, Nutrition, Healthcare, Research, Operations