Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
Position Summary: The Operations Technician is responsible for the monitoring and control of all production processes of the department Acid and Derivatives and is required to ensure that products are manufactured within the required specifications for quantity, quality and time, with due observance of the regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
Monitoring the production processes in the field and from the control room, based on the standard operating procedures, regulations, customer specifications and additional instructions of the supervisor.
- The start-up, operation, control, monitoring and regulation of production processes, in the field and from the control room. The measured addition (manually and via control equipment) of raw and auxiliary materials.
- The exchange of control findings between the technician in the plant and the technician in the control room, and the execution of specified control and operation actions.
- Taking samples during production for the purpose of in-process determinations, to be carried out personally, or for laboratory analysis.
- Entering data in the ERP system for accounting purposes. This includes:
- Creating #39;shop orders#39;, receiving and issues raw materials, receiving and issuing of (semi) finished goods and rework.
- Receiving and Creating Bill of Ladings for bulk shipments.
- Printing labels for finished goods.
- Keeping production facilities in operational condition, in order to achieve minimum loss of productivity and thus creating maximum availability. This includes:
- Carrying out cleaning activities in the buildings and grounds in accordance with documented procedures and regulations.
- Entering work orders for Maintenance activities.
- Helping to train less experienced/new co-workers in the operation of equipment and all of the above-mentioned tasks.
- Registering data and handing over the production processes in a manner that guarantees optimal progress of the process.
- Clean equipment and work areas for sanitation and hygiene. Perform minor mechanical maintenance on equipment. This includes, for example, tightening flange bolts, adjusting equipment settings, lubrication of equipment, and other operations.
- Completes an effective shift crossover communication with incoming crews to ensure efficient continuous operation.
- Take action as instructed by the Area Supervisor or other management by direct communication either written or verbal.
- Carry out minor troubleshooting and maintenance on equipment and instruments and promptly seek further technical and/or maintenance help when such repairs fail to yield corrective action.
- Executes QESH standards per defined roles and responsibilities to ensure personal and product safety and quality.
- Performs within the guidelines of all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP#39;s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP#39;s), Security measures, Housekeeping, Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP), all quality, regulatory, environmental, safety and health guidelines and regulations. These standards are used in all daily activities to ensure product safety and quality are in compliance.
General Working Environment
- Operations Technicians are required to work in a plant, with some tasks taking place outside of the plant.
- Operations Technicians will take samples of products, perform batch adjustments and will have to wear the appropriate PPE including but not limited to hard hats, safety glasses, safety boots, chemical suits, face-shields, rubber gloves and uniform clothing.
- Temperature inside and outside the facility will range between -15oF and 120oF depending on location and the activities involved.
Usual Physical Activities
Through the course of a typical shift an individual in this position will perform the following activities:
- Must be able to perform moderately heavy physical activity 25% of time and lift weight up to 50lbs
- Must be able to lift or pull heavy objects daily, in excess of 50lbs
- Prolonged Standing, 20% of the time
- Walks extensively, 20% of the time
- Reaches above and below the shoulders,
- Traverses multiple plant levels via stairs, frequently
- Corrected vision, speaking ability, and hearing are usually involved in performing written and verbal job functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
High School Diploma or GED required.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2019, Corbion generated annual sales of 976.4 million and had a workforce of 2,138 FTEs. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants