Company Overview: Flagstone Foods is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of private label healthy snacks in North America, holding the leading market position in the nut, trail mix and dried fruit categories. Our 900+ employees are in the Minneapolis headquarters and plants in Robersonville, North Carolina, El Paso, Texas, and Dothan, Alabama. These facilities source, process, package and distribute nuts, trail mixes and other wholesome snacks to premier retail customers across the country.
Background: In August 2019, Atlas Holdings purchased Flagstone Foods, reestablishing the organization as a standalone business. Headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut and founded in 2002, Atlas and its affiliates own and operate 20 platform companies which employ more than 18,000 associates at more than 150 facilities worldwide. Atlas has a long and distinguished record of strengthening and growing companies, investing both the human and financial capital needed to create long-term, sustainable value.
- The sanitation worker is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing food processing equipment, packaging machines, small machines, conveyors, dryers, floor surfaces, work surfaces, totes, coolers, etc.
- Clean processing equipment, roof, fans, ceilings, walls and floors using specific procedures as directed
- Perform all responsibilities following established GMP, SOP’s, Food Safety, and Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Keep accurate records of cleaning performed, if required
- Inspect your assigned equipment/areas before advising supervisor your assignment(s) is complete
- Stay until your assignment equipment/areas have been deemed complete by supervisor
- Keep Supervisor informed of any unsanitary or unsafe practices that may be occurring in the plant
- Perform duties assigned from the Master Cleaning Schedule
- Job duties are varied and spread over a number of locations in the plant. Therefore, special assignments may be created on a case-by case basis
- Perform daily and special assignments as scheduled by supervisor as well as all other related assignments including assisting and training of other workers as requested by supervisor
- Job duties are not limited to the above and other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma preferred
- Must be able to listen, and follow directions
- Must be able to communicate in basic English, both verbal and written
- Must follow all safety and food safety policies and procedures (PPE,GMP, SOP’s)
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, stack, and/or carry totes/pans, remove blades etc.
- Have the ability to stand and/or stoop for the full shift and able to climb ladders
- Ability to push, pull, bend and twist
- Strong physical stamina
- Fork & Aerial Lift certified