You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer#39;s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Hagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we#39;re crafting a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
You will receive and assess all raw materials by completing inspections, sampling and electronic transactions. The Quality Laboratory Technician is also responsible for other QA activities to support factory floor on both shifts of production when demand is needed.
- Aseptically sample incoming materials and approve; confirming specifications and COA#39;s, conducting visual inspections of packaging and labeling, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Input vendor complaints when problems arise and aid in critical issues and follow up with Procurement to help resolve any issues with vendors.
- You will maintain and access records of all testing and results; providing historical data and information to QA Management when requested.
- Align with the sensory testing program and identify key quality attributes for Raw Materials, HALB materials and Finished Product.
- You will provide assistance and input for executing microbiological testing by communicating with local lab and with NQAC.
- Auditing and verification of sanitation performance and GMP#39;s including pre-operational sanitation, maintenance of ATP units and procedural compliance.
- Frontline support for operations including collaborative problem solving, mentoring, trouble-shooting and continuous improvement.
- Maintain laboratory chemicals, balance inventory of supplies and keep working environment in clean condition.
- Knowledge of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
- You will perform wet chemistry analysis (pH, salt, Aw,) on finished product, Product Development (PD) samples, or raw materials.
- Maintain and update all laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP#39;s) and Internal Control Plans (ICP#39;s).
- Collect information (all pertinent facts) to make decisions or recommendations for disposition or follow up - relative to quality/food safety.
- Support Continuous Improvement Initiatives for factory metrics to enable the achievement of business objectives (i.e. customer complaint investigations/returns, foreign bodies/material reduction team).
- Take swabs and maintain data for the weekly Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the QA Floor Supervisor, Factory Hygienist, and the QA Manager
Requirements / education:
Associates Degree Preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent or a minimum of 2 years work experience in a related field (Food Science / Quality).
Experience / required skills:
- Good judgment and logical deductive reasoning, critical thinking, implementation and analytical skills.
- Strongly attentive to details, work independent of supervision, ability to run multiple job requirements / projects (multi-task effectively) and ability to retain information.
- Heavy lifting throughout shift, up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours with little to short notice.
- Leadership qualities to work with management and coach others when necessary.
- Have a deep understanding of a laboratory environment and maintenance and running of laboratory related equipment.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office) and internal Nestle / Minor#39;s systems (SAP) experience preferred.