Oregon Freeze Dry has a current opening for a Technical Services Supervisor. This position is responsible for the design and execution of pilot and plant level process development including package development, food and contract service cycle development and plant trials. Leads improvement projects associated with company strategic goals in the areas of focus on process improvement, increased efficiency, optimization of total output capacity, and facility/product line expansion.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Leads team in achieving Technical Service and Packaging goals to maintain OFD Foods’ leadership in the area of freeze-drying and alternative preservation technology.
- Leads Tech Services to support R&D activity by providing expertise in cycle development, experimental design, and analysis in order to recommend data driven results.
- Effectively lead scale up of new Contract Services products and processes from bench top through pilot and production scale, using appropriate experimental design and data analysis methods.
- Support R&D, manufacturing, QA and Sales departments in the scale up of new products and processes while improving on current production methods for existing branded and contract business.
- Effectively scale up new Contract Services products and processes from bench top through pilot and production scale using appropriate experimental design and data analysis methods.
- Actively seek external knowledge and educates all departments that can benefit from the new information.
- Establish and sustain effective relationships within team in order to foster an environment where innovation, continuous improvement, and cooperation are used to solve problems.
- Bachelor in Engineering or Food Science degree or closely related fields. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in related field.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated independent ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and present results.
- Knowledge of freeze-drying and or other preservation technologies with an understanding how this translates to defining critical drying parameters for retaining food formulation properties.
- Understanding of statistical analysis methods and applications.
- General knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts.
Compensation depends on experience
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending, short term disability, vacation pay, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, paid volunteer opportunities and more!
Individuals expressing interest in this opening may be provided a job description outline detailing the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. Candidates may be required to participate in personal interviews and other evaluation processes. Criminal background checks may be completed on all applicants. Drug free work place including all forms of THC.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER