All American Foods, Inc., an innovative employee-owned food ingredient manufacturer, is hiring in our Research and Development division. We strive to nurture and develop new talent, with the goal of bringing exciting new ingredients to the market. If you possess an innovative spirit, have a desire to explore new ideas, and want to become part of a team that works in the best interests of each other, this position may be a fit for you. The dedicated drive of our exceptional employees allows us to offer competitive wages along with superior benefits.
POSITION TITLE: FOOD SCIENTIST
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Food Science/Technology, Dairy Science, Biochemistry, Nutrition, Microbiology, Food/Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field
- 5+ years of product development and/or commercialization experience in scaling bench top design to manufactured products
Primary Responsibilities in collaboration with our R&D team include:
- Develop value-added Pro Mix® products to support All American Foods’ mission to ensure the continued success of its customers, employees and communities by providing Superior food ingredient solutions.
- Expand the extent of functional ingredients used in Pro Mix® products that add application diversity and value to the product line.
- Work closely with other technical services personnel and with customers to develop solutions for ProMix® product challenges.
- Evaluate and recommend equipment and processing capabilities at All American Foods that improve development of new Pro Mix® products.
- Contribute to the operation of the research pilot plant, food prep and test kitchen areas that support new value added product development.
- Keep current with new technology within the food industry and apply knowledge to expand and refine the ProMix® product offerings.
- Assist Sales and Marketing by offering technical training and facilitating brainstorming sessions.
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge of the ingredient functionality across a wide range of sectors is preferable
- Demonstrated expertise in ingredient interactions and application testing across multiple food systems and processes
- Highly adaptable and able to shift priorities as necessary to meet multiple project timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to constructively engage, clarify objectives, build trust, and achieve alignment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively communicate with peers and senior leadership
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, planning and mathematical skill sets
- Demonstrated success in driving innovation with creative approaches
- Highly-driven, possessing the vision and determination to succeed
- Ability to assess and validate novel technology and ingredient developments that drive the innovation pipeline
Learn about us at www.aafoods.com and apply with your resume, or in person, at: 121 Mohr Drive, Mankato, MN.
All American Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.