Our client is a supplier of Food Ingredients. We are looking to hire a Salesperson who will call on customers to secure new business and increase existing sales to the following primary market segments: human nutrition (bars, beverage, gummies, and supplements), Bakery and Savory. The position will develop and maintain productive working relationships with customers that allow sales and marketing goals to be achieved focusing on value-add products. The individual will conduct sales calls to seek the placement of strategic products in high volume areas. Ensure that customers are satisfied with products and services. The Account Manager will make recommendations to management regarding product development, pricing, and sales projections. Work from home and travel to make sales calls at customer locations. For now, due to the pandemic, overnight travel will be minimal. Live anywhere in southern California for this job (San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles)
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Manage the sales of functional food ingredients to customers in a defined geographic region. Follow up on leads from phone inquiries, the website, and trade shows. All sales are B2B.
- Create a positive and engaging rapport with customers.
- Quote prices, take orders, recommend ingredients and chemicals that a customer might want to use.
- Become knowledgeable about the ingredients, their functionality, and their uses.
- Grow overall business throughout all sectors in the food industry.
- Responsible for continual new business development.
- Assist with trade show presentations, schedules, and follow up.
- Use software and other sales management tools to improve overall sales efficiencies.
- Coordinate customer requests for samples and / or product literature.
- Bachelors degree is required. Specific degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Microbiology, or Chemical Engineering is desired
- Minimum of 3 years experience working for a company that makes and/or sells value-added functional Food Ingredients is required
- Prior experience calling on scientists, chemists, and purchasing managers at companies that produce food and beverage products is desired
- Personal Attributes desired: Hunter mentality, new business development, generation of new accounts, motivated, enthusiastic, high energy, charismatic, impeccable follow up skills, highly organized and efficient, ability to sell value and distinguish oneself
- Excellent communication skills and time management skills
- Computer literate and proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite products
For the successful candidate we offer a competitive base salary, performance bonuses, monthly car allowance, 401K, health / dental insurance, generous paid time off, and much more. Lots of room for promotions and professional growth. High propensity to promote from within.