Our client is a manufacturer of Food Ingredients made from Corn and its by-products. We are looking to hire a Salesperson who will call on customers to secure new business and increase existing sales. Products are mostly specialty starches that are used in food applications such as confections, further processed meats, baked goods, and more. Work from home and travel to make sales calls at customer locations. For now, due to the pandemic, overnight travel will be minimal. Live anywhere in the Chicagoland area, or southern Wisconsin, or Michigan.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Manage the sales of functional food ingredients to customers in a defined upper midwest geographic region. Follow up on leads from phone inquiries, the website, and trade shows. All sales are B2B.
• Create a positive and engaging rapport with customers.
• Quote prices, take orders, recommend ingredients and chemicals that a customer might want to use.
• Become knowledgeable about the ingredients, their functionality, and their uses.
• Grow overall business throughout all sectors in the food industry.
• Responsible for continual new business development.
• Assist with trade show presentations, schedules, and follow up.
• Use SalesLogix software and other sales management tools to improve overall sales efficiencies.
• Coordinate customer requests for samples and / or product literature.
• Bachelors degree is required. Specific degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Microbiology, or Chemical Engineering is desired
• Minimum of 2 years experience working for a company that makes and/or sells value-added functional Food Ingredients is required
• Prior experience calling on Food Scientists, chemists, and purchasing managers at companies that produce food and beverage products is desired
• NOTE: We will accept applications from food scientists or technical services people for this role. Prior sales experience is not required.
• Experience with wet milling or the related starch industry desired
• Personal Attributes desired: Hunter mentality, new business development, generation of new accounts, motivated, enthusiastic, high energy, charismatic, impeccable follow up skills, highly organized and efficient, ability to sell value and distinguish oneself
• Excellent communication skills and time management skills
• Computer literate and proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite products
For the successful candidate we offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus in the form of profit sharing , company car (or allowance), 401K, health / dental insurance, generous paid time off, and much more. Lots of room for promotions and professional growth. High propensity to prmote from within.