Our client is a northern New Jersey based manufacturer of value-added nutritional ingredients. We are looking to hire a Technical Sales professional who has sold ingredients for nutritional applications like sports beverages, power bars, protein bars, body builder formulations, and mainstream healthy food products. All Sales are B2B. Work one day per week from the office in Northern NJ, work one day from your own home office, and the rest of the time travel to meet with customers, make presentations, get samples approved, and close deals. This position reports to the Sales Director.
Note: for the time being, due to Covid19, this position will be remote (work from home) until further notice
- Deliver the budgeted sales revenue in the territory to existing customers and prospects.
- Drive growth mainly with our 15 trademarked nutritionally active ingredients at accounts and prospects in the territory that value strong scientific claim support.
- Maintain and develop relationships at accounts and prospects in the territory at different levels: R&D, Marketing, Procurement, etc.
- Develop and execute specific territory sales strategies to maximize growth opportunities.
- Actively contribute to deliver performance and feedback to our key principals for distribution products.
- Participate in local and national industry trade shows.
- Maintain a high level of service working closely with the Customer Service department, Management, Regulatory, European colleagues and partners with providing regular feedback, forecasts, anticipating hurdles.
- Contribute to Marketing local effort by reporting on competitive activities, new business opportunities, Regulatory developments, customer perceptions, and market needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Scientific concentration preferred (Chemistry, Food Science, Nutritional Science)
- 2 years minimum experience in a sales function, with a track record of increasing sales through securing new customers or selling new product lines into existing customers OR experience as a nutritional formulator who would like to transition into a technical sales role.
- Experience selling functional ingredients to Dietary Supplement manufacturers, Sports Nutrition, Protein Bars, and/or Sports Beverage companies throughout the USA.
- 34Excellent references from previous managers that will testify to the candidate’s communication skills, resourcefulness, energy, customer-focus skills, and integrity.
- Social/enjoys interaction with others
- Intelligent/listens to learn/asks questions for clarification
- High energy level/persistent/passionate
Communication skills, resourcefulness, creativity, energy/passion/ambition, customer focused, sales ability, integrity. Ability to learn and understand features and benefits of science-based customer solutions.
Most important desired behaviors: Establishing trust and confidence with customers, building advocacy within the team, networking within an organization, persistence, consultative selling, ability to work effectively on a selling/consultative team. Job not eligible for relocation reimbursement. US Citizens / Permanent Residents only please. No Visa sponsorships being offered at this time.
We have excellent benefits and career advancement opportunities for the right person. If you meet or exceed these qualifications, please apply for this exciting job today!