Founded in 1990, our client is a leading developer, marketer, and supplier of high-quality natural food ingredients. Among the products offered are pea proteins, antioxidants, antimicrobials, natural and artificial flavors. Based on a tradition of research and development, our client's focus is to discover unique flavors and ingredients that enable its customers to create value-added products. The company is committed to working, as a partner, to develop prototypes of new beverages and improved food products. We maintain a full applications lab, pilot plant facilities with consumer testing capabilities, and provide technical sales and marketing, importing, distribution, and applications development/technical services. We are looking to hire a sales professional to cover accounts in the Upper Midwest. This opportunity requires an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial outlook to optimize every relationship and sales activity.
The Job: To achieve consistent growth in both revenue and gross margin within the designated territory, in accordance with yearly sales budgets and targets . This opportunity requires an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial outlook to optimize every relationship and sales activity.
- Developing customer-based strategic plans for new and existing customers
- Identifying prospective customers and cross-selling across multiple product lines
- Interfacing at all levels of a customer’s organization including R&D, Food Safety, Quality , Marketing and Purchasing and developing personal relationships with key decision makers
- Making technical sales presentations with regards to our client's Ingredients and product lines
- Acting as an ambassador for the company; You are the face of the company to the customer
- Planning and attending national and regional trade shows
- Contract negotiations
- Minimum of 3-5 years outside sales experience in the food ingredients industry
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree. Food Science/Chemistry preferred.
- Strong existing relationships with food & beverage manufacturers within the territory
- Ability to cold call and consistently attract new customers, increase revenue and profit margins
- Proven success and a solid track record of selling functionally active food ingredients
- Strong project management, planning, organization, and communications skills
- Ability to travel as needed to be effective and successful. Estimated overnight travel is 30%
We offer a competitive base salary plus commissions, a 401K, health insurance, laptop, cell phone, car allowance, and expense account. Work from home when not traveling.