Technical Sales Manager Functional Botanicals - Decatur, IL
This is a full time exempt position
The Health and Wellness group of Archer Daniels Midland Co. is actively seeking an individual with the following qualifications:
Qualifications/Experience: B.S. Degree in Food Chemistry, Food Science or related field of study with 5-7 years of technical experience in the ingredient manufacturing industry, preferably with experience in working with plant/botanical extracts. A MS or PhD degree in the fields above is a plus but no a requirement. The individual should have a detailed understanding of the use of these ingredients in food, beverage, supplement and other commercial applications;
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and relate directly to individuals from the areas of business management, regulatory, marketing, sales and production;
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent written and communication skills along with developed interpersonal techniques
- Work independently and without supervision - effectively plan, organize and execute own activities
- Must be a team player and have good written and verbal communication skills
Position Responsibilities: Individual will be responsible for working closely with customers in North America (Canada, The United States and Mexico) in the use of functional botanicals in the formulation of food, beverage, supplement and other applications . This would entail working closely with customers to incorporate these functional botanicals into several applications as well as working with customers on product re-formulation, new product development, and quality assessment. This individual would be responsible for organizing and conducting technical training for our customers and distributors in the use of functional botanicals. In addition this position will:
- Communicate with customer base on all facets of technical details including product specifications, analytical details, ingredient functionality and properties, questionnaires, applications, regulatory, food safety and product quality issues.
- Liaison between regulatory, scientific affairs on research-based substantiation for claims and product positioning.
- Liaison between research and commercial on customer application support, customer demos/prototypes, tradeshows.
- Collaborate with sales team in promoting technical advantages of product line versus competitive products.
- Provide technical training to division sales and management team.
- Assist product and sales managers with relevant projects where necessary.
The position would require approximately 50% travel and will be based in Decatur, IL.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.