Manage development of products for customer projects, providing technical support to project teams. Provides technical support to customers, both in project work and in application of current products. Works with plants during scale-up and product certification processes. Provides technical support to other DairiConcepts teams, such as plant, sales, and customer service personnel. Helps manage assigned Lab personnel and ensures product samples are reaching customers in a timely fashion during the Lab Technician#39;s absence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops products for customer projects. Understand project objectives as they pertain to new product development or the modifications of existing products to meet the customer#39;s needs, including all bench-top work. Understands production processes and procedures and the corresponding inputs and outputs, as they relate to the product project. Makes recommendations for project product formulations as they move from the bench top to production scale-up.
- Maintain and develop customer Product Development contacts. Develops and maintains effective business relationships with customer contacts, particularly the customer#39;s technical personnel. Builds credibility and is used as a technical resource by customers. Will be expected to travel with Sales Managers on customer visits when a technical resource is requested, pending approval from Director of Product Development for the AMPLIFI™ product line.
- Develop support documents for products resulting from projects. Develops and ensures the accuracy of product documentation from project work. Ensures that products developed are fully supported with all required documentation.
- Understand plant process to assist with new product scale-up and root cause analysis for process results that are out of specification. Provides technical support to plants in resolving product issues as related to the scale-up of new products. Has a working understanding of plant processes and products. Provides input and support, including helping to identify root causes and providing recommendations for solutions.
- Tracks and reports progress on assigned product projects. Updates project progress in SalesForce system. Records products developed, samples sent, and customer comments. Provides reports on projects as requested.
- Managerial duties for Assigned Lab Personnel. In conjunction with other on-site R&D Managers, assists in prioritizing the workload of Hummelstown-based Lab Technician. Assumes product sampling responsibilities when Lab Technician is out of the office.
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Acts as a key member of the Product Development Team. May provide and/or receive input from across functional boundaries. Understands organizational mesh points and potential synergies. Integrates team efforts across business segments and channels.
- Leadership. Acts with integrity. Treats others with dignity and respect. Models behavior that is consistent with DairiConcepts#39; core values. Delivers on commitments and deadlines and holds others accountable for the same. Champions continuous improvement efforts across all functional areas of the plant.
- Communication. Effectively communicates with all levels of the organization. Demonstrates excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills. Executes outstanding customer communication and relationship building techniques.
- Demonstrated Business Acumen. Understands cause and effect relationships regarding volume, price, operational efficiencies, product availability, and organizational resources.
- Innovation. Interfaces with Innovation department to provide technical advice and product development support--including benchtop work and scale-ups--for innovative projects that involve the AMPLIFI and/or Flavors product lines.
- Culinary. Creates and maintains a database of stock technical-focused applications that pertain to both the AMPLIFI™ and Flavors product lines. Interfaces with the following departments to determine the types and relevancy of application ideas: Hummelstown R&D Team; Marketing Team; Sales#39; Managers; and Innovation Team. Ensures Lab Technician is kept abreast of this application program, including any necessary training.