Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of Clam Chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster Bisque in the country.
Summary – The Technical & Regulatory Technician will assist in reviewing, updating and approving retail and food service labels to assure they comply with all applicable laws, regulations and approvals. S/he will also assist in the management of record-keeping systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all retail and foodservice labels for accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Assist in maintenance and management of Genesis R&D Software
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of regulatory documentation
- Assist R&D Culinary in evaluating regulatory aspects of developmental products (including compliance with customer-specific requirements); provide nutritional analysis upon request
- Evaluate current processes and record-keeping systems for gaps and areas needing improvement, propose solutions and assist in implementation, when possible
- Other duties with similar skill, work condition, and responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor#39;s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university, one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Food Science or Nutritional Science is preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office products and understand ESHA Genesis.
- Must have great attention to details skills, analytical skills and possess great organizational skills.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
1 year: Food Science
1 year: ESHA Genesis
1 year: Microsoft Office