This position works independently and is primarily responsible for working with the US account management team for the purpose of advancing the growth of Oterra by fostering and maintaining the technical relationships with assigned customers. This position requires significant relevant experience in multiple applications segments, good interpersonal skills and sound scientific competency. Travel expected to be 25-30%.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides technical leadership and accountability to the group, to customers and the company.
- Travels to and interacts directly with customers for the purpose of training and advising on the uses of Oterra natural colors, project generation and project updates.
- Provides in-person consultation and assistance to customers at both the laboratory and plant level.
- Works closely with assigned account managers to ensure all aspects of customer technical needs are met.
- Executes application projects for customers. Creates custom demos to support presentations.
- Maintains safe working environment by practicing and coaching in established safety procedures.
- Provides technical recaps and documents through CRM system.
- Creates customized technical presentations as needed for external and internal customers.
- Photographs food and beverages for presentations.
- Writes new and follows established SOP’s.
- Develops and maintains all appropriate information databases.
- Keeps accurate research notes and document in an electronic notebook.
- Write interim and final project reports for internal and customer use.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- MS or PhD. in Food Science or related field, or BS with significant commensurate experience.
- Thorough understanding of food and beverage applications and processing in two or more application segments.
- Culinary experience a plus.
- Ability to distinguish colors in a wide variety of applications and media. Must have excellent color vision. (Color Vision Testing Required.)
- Ability to write and conduct technical presentations internally and externally, explaining the use of Oterra colors in food and beverage applications.
- Ability to read, collect data, analyze, and interpret technical information.
- Ability to write and present reports and technical papers.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard laboratory equipment and instrumentation (such as blending equipment, pH meters, spectrophotometers, etc.).
- Possess a working knowledge in Microsoft Office programs. SAP experience is a plus.
Working environment is generally favorable. Lighting, temperature and noise levels are adequate with occasional exposure to cold temperatures. Personal Protective Equipment is required when working in the laboratory. This includes a lab coat, and if necessary, safety glasses, dust mask or gloves.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move materials or equipment up to 25 lbs. and occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs. Use of hands to handle or touch objects, tools or controls is frequently required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.