Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment, where you can make a difference? Smithfield Foods, one of the country#39;s top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business. We foster a culture that values an individual#39;s creativity, our environment and the communities in which we live.
The Tech Lead for Transportation Management and Warehouse Management (TM-WM) is a strong leader with experience in implementing and facilitating the company#39;s fulfillment processes and shipping management. This role has a proven track record with solutions in a global/multi-national environment. It is also an advocate of continuous improvements and industry recognized best practices. The position plays a vital role with sales and supply chain processes, providing high quality solutions into production environments. A successful candidate will drive business best practices and standardization across the organization to best serve the company.
- Lead the technical effort in support, design, and development within our Transportation Management/ Warehouse Management (TM-WM) systems for the Fulfillment and Distribution operations.
- Work with multi-language/multi-currency solutions and processes for global support.
- Utilize project management skills to ensure TM-WM work streams are properly identified and prioritized, resources utilized, timelines met and provide consistent status updates.
- Partner with the TM-WM Business and Functional IT groups regarding acquisition implementations, system enhancements, upgrades, and road mapping.
- Drive the TM-WM business processes, identify automation and improvements, and drive efficiency.
- Identify efficiencies, recommend innovative design, and implement solutions.
- Drive awareness, training, and skills development of the TM-WM systems to other areas of IT and business departments.
- Provide direction on application maintenance, troubleshooting and support, including corrections for production issues, recommendations for improvement, and coordination with other IT Support groups for problem resolution.
- Partner with IT&T groups in Integration, e-Commerce and related technologies to provide effective TM-WM solutions to serve Smithfield#39;s consumer products growth strategy.
- Provide guidance to our service partners with technical expertise in the key areas:
- Organizational Structure: Warehouse Design, Distribution Network
- Document Management: Fulfillment, Freight Order Management, Freight Accounting
- Capacity/Planning/Execution: WM Labor, Business Share, Freight Units, Scheduling/Routing
- Master Data: Putaway/Picking Strategies, Business Partners, Zones/Lanes/Routes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Information Technology or related field and 5 + years of IT experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, required.
- 8+ years of experience in progressive IT roles, preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of SAP Transportation (TM) and Warehouse Management (WM) experience, required.
- Experience with other ERP solutions (Ex: Oracle, JDE) is a plus.
- Experience in Meat, Food or other consumer product industries strongly preferred.
- Strong background in problem determination/solution design.
- Experience with design prototyping/testing automation solution is a plus.
- Great team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple project deliverables.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Travel Required, up to 25% of the time.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may act as a mentor by providing training and guidance to less experienced Tech Analysts.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield#39;s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.