- Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment, where you can make a difference? Smithfield Foods, one of the country#39;s top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business
- . We foster a culture that values each individual#39;s creativity, our environment and the communities in which we live.
- The Tech Lead - Field Services is a strong leader with experience in implementing and facilitating the company#39;s corporate solutions used for our plant, livestock, feed and distribution operations
- This role is an advocate of continuous improvements, industry recognized best practices and standardization across the organization.
- This role will work closely and partner with the ERP Applications and Services teams to understand and define the implementation, the operating model for support, enhancements, and provide technical leadership for the plant, livestock, feed and distribution operations. The Tech Lead- Field Services is a primary contact that works with internal partners to translate software requirements into technical specifications and processes.
- Serve as Technical Lead for field services supporting plant, livestock, feed and distribution operations.
- Lead implementation teams deploying new systems and operational processes in accordance with strategic business initiatives.
- Act as mentor for associates with less experience.
- Lead the development of detailed implementation and contingency plans and provide user and management training before, during, and after system deployments.
- Understand business goals and acceptance criteria to translate into actionable system requirements, and next level detailed design.
- Provide direction on application maintenance, troubleshooting and support including corrections for production issues, recommendations for improvement and coordination with our service partners and other IT Support groups for problem resolution.
- Provide continuous improvement suggestions and guidance to the business around advanced technologies.
- Provide technical design, specifications, guidance and technical review as required for all systems that support operations.
- Oversee user and management training before, during and after system deployments.
- Manage site infrastructure as needed to accommodate new systems and processes and travel to implementation sites, when appropriate, to assist in the on-site deployment and training.
- Prioritize system issues by troubleshooting systems and proposing fixes as appropriate.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems, and devise computer programs, systems and related procedures to process data.
- Identify operational and system changes to continuously improve the quality, safety and value of the food we produce.
- Manage production and manufacturing systems and ensure client satisfaction by working with key users to troubleshoot manufacturing applications and interfaces.
- Collaborate with financial, logistics and operational teams in resolving issues between plant floor systems and SAP ERP.
- Align technology solutions across all manufacturing facilities and operations and provide practical application of best practices on the plant floor.
- Build and maintain relationships with key plant and corporate management and with affiliated independent operating companies to identify and implement best practices and technology across the enterprise by regularly traveling to manufacturing plants in order to stay current with business processes and systems in use.
- Maintain a current knowledge of new technologies, accurate inventories of systems and knowledge base of problem resolutions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Information Technology or related field and 5+ years of IT experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 8+ years of experience in progressive IT roles, preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of technology leadership supporting, maintaining and administering enterprise systems, required.
- High level knowledge of operations management systems with integrations into ERP systems, preferred.
- Experience in Meat, Food or other consumer product industries, strongly preferred.
- Experienced with Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- Knowledge / experience in SAP, WM, and/or MES required.
- Experienced with project and/or task level management.
- Experienced team leader/builder that can manage multiple resources within budgeted constraints and timelines.
- Excellent communication skills that can work at the project leadership and/or executive level.
- High level understanding on how to apply advanced technologies.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts, current and emerging architecture.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple project deliverables.
- Highly adaptive and able to upskill rapidly.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Travel Required, up to 25% of the time.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may act as a mentor by providing training and guidance to less experienced Tech Analysts.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although majority of the time work will be performed in an office environment, must be able to visit and comfortably work in a plant, warehouse, distribution center or other manufacturing facility.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
- To learn more about Smithfield#39;s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.