ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery, Otis Spunkmeyer, and Oakrun Farm Bakery. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or their designee.
- Assist or perform preventive maintenance on equipment to maintain in good working condition.
- Assist or perform in executing PLC troubleshooting. Change program, force inputs/outputs as needed.
- Assist or perform the troubleshooting of electrical, and programming of PLC’s throughout the plant.
- Assist or perform in the repairs and maintenance of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment (HVAC/R). All freezer PLC’s, and engine room microprocessors.
- Constructs and updates obsolete electric control panels, ability to build a new panel.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and troubleshoot PLC programs, to make changes by use of a company provided laptop, with software to connect to control panels. Maintain a library of all programs, and update department laptop to have all required software.
- Handles maintenance emergencies as required.
- Maintains records in accordance with work order, backlog, control and job assignment systems.
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
- Maintain clean, organized and safe work area, including wiping and washing equipment and tools; sweeping and mopping floors; and trash removal.
- Working from engineering drawings
- Learn production process; Work with production and sanitation line leaders, supervisors to meet their daily goals, deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret shop/engineering drawings.
- Be active in preventative maintenance program, daily plant fundamentals and all safety procedures.
- Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems and engineering concepts.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures HACCP and sanitary design
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and associate safety, OSHA standards, product quality (success rates), cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand complex mathematical equations
- Expected to work in other areas as needed, work closely with other departments, all shifts.
- Maintain your toolboxes, carts to meet food safety audits, on a daily basis. Properly store chemicals used.
- This position is also responsible for food safety and legality.
Education/Experience Requirements: High School diploma or GED required. Requires technical certificate in HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing repair. Experience working in a maintenance department, preferably in an automated food processing plant. Knowledge of equipment set-up, functions, operating procedures and preventative maintenance techniques. Basic knowledge in programmable logic controllers (PLCs) preferred. Other skills and experiences could be refrigeration, plumbing, industrial electrical and mechanical systems and maintenance, and automated food manufacturing process controls and equipment
Physical Requirements: While performing job duties; employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend and use hands, handle or feel objects. Required to reach with hands and arms. Hand and finger movement is required frequently to manipulate hand tools, parts and equipment. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.