Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 13 bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
3rd shift *must work weekends*
Food Safety / Responsible For Cleaning the Bakery Equipment & Areas Assigned to in the Bakery
- Understanding the importance of Food Safety
- Performs all tasks and duties required to insure equipment is cleaned, sanitized and operational for the next production run.
- Knows and understands the operation and function of all sanitation cleaning equipment.
- Knows the purpose and usage rate of all sanitizers and cleaning solutions.
- Insures all personal safety equipment is in good repair and maintains proper usage.
- Maintains current on all updates to MSDS regarding cleaning solutions and sanitizers.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervision all information relevant to the cleaning process.
- Conducts on the job training of new sanitors and assists in training activities which support the manufacturing process.
- Support TEAM concepts on major cleaning assignments
- Works independently on projects, with limited supervision.
- Knows and understands the operation and function of all plant waste removal equipment.
- Keeps all equipment and work areas clean and free of debris.
- Keeps accurate cleaning records of equipment and areas in accordance with SSOP s
- Operates sanitation equipment cleaning equipment such as but not limited to; floor scrubbers, vacuum cleaners, pressure washers, and steam cleaners. Fork lift certification required.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Sanitation Experience in Food Manufacturing / Food Safety /Industrial Truck Experience
- Weekend and Holidays may be required.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- 1 year of experience in manufacturing /light industrial environment preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing / Walking/Climbing
These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 100% of the time.
- Lifting / Carrying / Twisting / Bending / Stooping
The employee is expected to frequently twist, bend, and stoop when preforming work tasks. Frequently carry or lift 50 pounds or more.
Frequently pushing pulling 5lbs or more
Frequently pushing pulling 5lbs or more
- Handling / Fingering / Feeling
Hand and finger movement is required frequently to wash, clean, launder and store supplies.
- Seeing / Speaking / Hearing
This position requires an employee to have adequate communication and observational skills. These requirements are also for the safety of the employee and the co-workers. .
Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required
- Cold, Wet, Dusty, Slippery, High arears
The employee must be able to work in cold, wet, dusty, slippery area for long periods of time. The employee must be able to work in high areas.
- Working at extreme heights is required
- Weekends, Holidays and Overtime as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.