- McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time Team Manager-I on a USFS(United State Flavor Solutions) group supporting a major industrial customer. This new hire will work in Flavor Manufacturing Center, located at 11102 McCormick Rd in Hunt Valley, MD. The Team Manager-I will report to a Department Manager.
- With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better ™
- As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
- Under the general direction of the Department Manager, provides leadership for a functional team within a high performance environment. Oversees the daily management of the function and drives improvement activities through the development of people and processes. Has overall accountability for the results of the team.
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own technical area and a basic knowledge in other areas. Role typically requires a university degree. Requires an understanding and ability to apply procedures and concepts of own technical area. Knowledge of other areas to the extent of understandin how they relate and interact with own area.
- The Team Manager for Production is accountable for quality, safety, productivity, sanitation, continuous improvement and all aspects of people management for one or more production lines across all applicable shifts. Supervises and coordinates activities of Technicians engaged in processing and/or packaging product. Ensures that Technicans and Crew Leaders are trained and developed in the safe and optimal operation of equipment, as well as behavioral and leadership competencies. Ensures that organization standards are met in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability, Cost, and Service. Interacts with other Team Managers to coordinate activities between departments. Responsible for the development and performance management of team members.
- Directs and supports the daily management and prioritization tools to achieve Process Reliability goals
- Creates a vision and direction for the team that is in alignment with McCormick and the Plant
- Leads and manages the technical aspects of manufacturing dry blend.
- Creates a cohesive organization across all three shifts to include rotating through all three shifts regularly to ensure constant and regular interaction, direction setting and leadership support with shift Crew Leaders and team members
- Meets the needs of the customer 100% of the time while achieving key indicator results that support our strategic objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSMs) for a three shift operation
- Removes barriers and obstacles to team performance
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and tenacity to resolve problems and implement process improvements
- Leads failure analysis when required for failures (including near miss and actual incidents)
- Participates in planning for technological and engineering improvements
- Develops and ensures all procedures and best practices are documented and creates an atmosphere of 100% compliance to operational processes and procedures and continuous improvement using problem solving methodologies and established principals, including GMPs and other guidelines to ensure safety and sanitation
- Translates McCormick#39;s and the Plant#39;s Strategy and OGSM into action plans for the team
- Pro-actively recommends and implements process improvement initiatives to increase operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Manages interactions with other areas to support total plan objectives (including, but not limited to; Materials Mgmt, QA, HR, Continuous Improvement, facilities maintenance, etc)
- Leads and develops approximately 20 non-exempt (hourly) direct reports while fostering a team environment, responsible for meeting or exceeding all production goals (process reliability, cost, waste, safety, quality, sanitation, and other performance standards)
- Teaches, coaches, trains, develops and mentors non-exempt team members
- Supports and develops McCormick High Performance Systems (MHPS) Business Teams to ensure that information flow, personnel development, recognition, problem-solving, goal-setting and process improvements are an integral part of the daily activities
- Works with teams to develop cultural and business action plans to ensure continuous improvement throughout the plant
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in a technical field (Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Food Science, Life Sciences, etc.) required
- Minimum 5 years experience leading and managing employees in a production / manufacturing environment required
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, motivate, and coach a team along with a deep respect for the capabilities of all people on the team required
- Formal leadership training and demonstrated practice of leadership principles required
- Demonstrated understanding of the financial impact of business decisions effecting staffing, product components and inventory required
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills to assess risks required
- Knowledge of packaging and processing equipment required
- Ability to alter work hours according to business needs required
- Ability to work flexible hours to manage a 3 shift operation required.
- Strong mechanical ability preferred
- Sanitation / CIP knowledge and experience preferred
- Equipment reliability (maintenance) experience preferred
- Experience with forming, filling, and sealing of flexible film packaging preferred
- Experience in mixing, blending liquids, spray drying and performing separations and emulsions a distinct advantage
- Experience with change-over and SMED processes preferred
- Experience at leading a change initiative or championing a major component of a larger change preferred
- Knowledge of SAP or another enterprise resource planning (ERP) tool preferred
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.