Rich s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $3.8 billion, Rich s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich s Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Quality Assurance Team Leader supervises the Quality Assurance Technicians and is responsible for monitoring and ensuring plant products are safe, meet customer specifications, company quality and reliability standards. Also recommending improvements in manufacturing, quality and sanitation practices to management.
- Supervises staff responsible for microbiological testing and other quality control testing of plant products. Maintains weight and defect control programs in accordance with plant and company standards.
- Mentors and motivates Associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth. Communicates performance standards to Associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Monitors the quality of all products being manufactured at the manufacturing facility and assists team leaders to correct defects. Emphasis on process control for all products. Coordinates and maintains a HACCP program for the plant.
- Assists in resolving hotline complaints about plant products, maintaining necessary records regarding the resolution. May meet with vendors, customers and quality representatives and other company staff to discuss and resolve quality issues.
- Ensures that the company#39;s product "hold" policies and procedures are communicated to plant staff and that the plant adheres to the procedures. Recommends, as appropriate, the suspension of production or the release of product when quality standards are not achieved.
- Responsible for localizing and maintaining formulas and product codes through Product Lifecycle Management Software (PLM).
- Supports R&D with test batches, data, and sample collection.
- Completes capability reports for tests batches and sends to QA Manager and R&D.
- Works with R&D to ensure timely disposition of test product.
- Trains Conversion and Logistics Associates on essential laboratory tests to perform, which ensures consistent product quality. Assists in the training and observation of Associates in cooperation with other team leaders to ensure performance tests meet established procedures and operating procedures are being followed.
- Establishes monitoring procedures in the laboratory to keep track of all products placed on hold due to performance, micro, packaging, reprocess, and makes recommendations for disposition.
- Participates in or may lead internal and external quality audits of the plant. Participates in regular meetings with plant management to discuss quality improvements. Ensures that all GMP and safety standards are in compliance.
- Maintains and reports required operational information to management. Ensures all quality-related information required for regulatory reviews and reporting is maintained by the plant.
- Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies, systems, and quality control practices. Maintains a thorough understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Rich Products Corporation#39;s business objectives.
- Preferred BA/BS degree in Biology, Food Science, or related field
- 3 years supervisory experience in a food-processing, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing organization, preferably using computerized manufacturing equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food, chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), HACCP, food allergens and pest control
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and Associate safety, OSHA standards, product quality (success rates), and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield)
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train Associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ( Rich s ), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich s. Please contact Rich s Human Resources department at asc rich.comif you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.