- Supervises department to ensure that the stationary boilers, air compressors, chillers are operating safely, and other mechanical equipment provides utilities for the building and the industrial processes
- Interacts with the maintenance department, plant management and regulatory inspectors
- Ensures department maintains machinery to comply with customer specifications as well as manufacturers specifications
- Ensures that department maintains and repairs all machinery such that food safety and quality is ensured
- Ensures that equipment is maintained to meet desired processing rates
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises to ensure that all facility systems are operating safely and within code for our 24/7 operation
- Supervise staff, promoting a safe work environment through adherence to standards company safety rules across all 3 shifts.
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP#39;s.
- Routinely check and test all equipment, systems and gauges
- Analyze operations and problems to take appropriate action to ensure safe, continuous and reliable functioning of equipment and systems
- Observe, interpret and log readings on gauges, meters and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are functioning properly
- Develop and lead proper operation, safety and maintenance procedure
- Maintain stationary boilers, air compressors, chillers, waste water, water systems and other mechanical /HVAC equipment to comply with customer specifications as well as manufacturers specifications
- Complies with GMP and HAACP guidelines to ensure food safety
- Operates within given SOP parameters that ensure desired food quality results are not jeopardized, and that customer specifications are met
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- College education is strongly preferred
- High School education or equivalent required
- Basic math and computer skills are required
- 3-5 years experience as supervisor in a maintenance department or HVAC company.
- Current Blue Boiler Operator License, and Blue refrigeration License required.
- Universal heating and cooling license preferred.
- Willing to be trained.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is required.