Johnsonville will place you, as an intern or co-op student, into a fun and challenging position where you can make real contributions to real projects, applying your knowledge and creativity. In addition to hands-on experience in your particular field, you ll have the chance to work with Members from a variety of functional areas, in a team-based work environment and a culture that celebrates growth and learning. We value the enthusiasm, fresh ideas and desire to learn and grow that you ll bring to our organization. You ll have a one-of-a-kind experience at Johnsonville, and be able to say you helped make a real difference at a great, global company.
Sustainable Swine Resources Co-op
Sustainable Swine Resources is a division of Johnsonville that focuses on generating value and sustainability for the items harvested from the animal that aren t used to manufacture sausage products. These porcine tissues enter many areas including Animal feed, Pet Industries, Pharmaceuticals, Medical, and Research. The successful intern will work closely with an innovative team to find unique solutions for our customers and drive business results. We have opportunities beginning in January or May/June 2022.
- Assess innovations to drive value for porcine tissues in various industries
- Work with a cross functional team to evaluate and optimize tissue processing procedures
- Research new techniques in the development of new products
- Create a business plan and present findings to a cross functional team
- Use entrepreneurial skills to bring forward and develop new ideas into solutions that drive value and sustainability
- Candidate must have completed their Sophomore year towards a B.S. or M.S. degree in biology, animal science, biomedical engineering, pre-med, business, or a related field
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Innovative mindset to think outside the box and be creative
- Willing to travel to other facilities, including harvest facilities
- Skilled at maintaining accurate and complete work records such as a notebook and status reports
- Good communication skills such that ideas, results, intentions, questions, and concerns are shared and understood in a timely fashion
Posting Date: September 2021
Location: Global Sausage Headquarters, Sheboygan Falls, WI
(Our office is about an hour north of Milwaukee)
Coach: Business Manager
(We don t have bosses at Johnsonville. We have Coaches. They are there to help you develop your talents. They cannot make you run laps.)
Member Status: A semester plus the Summer as an hourly co-op
About our Company
Since 1945, our family-owned band of sausage-makers has invented better ways to make, eat and prepare crave-able sausage. Today, we are 2,000 Members strong. We sell our famous sausage in all 50 United States and more than 40 countries. We have a culture built on the idea that if we make developing your talents our top priority, great business results will follow naturally. We call it The Johnsonville Way. It has been our secret sauce for decades, and we hope you get to experience it for yourself!
How to Apply:
External candidate: Apply on-line only at: http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.