SunOpta is a company focused on helping make the planet and its people healthier through plant-based and organic foods & beverages. The Sustainability intern will support the corporate sustainability committee in measuring our environmental impact and launching new projects and programs to improve our contribution to sustainability.They will work with a cross-functional team of Operations, Sourcing, R&D, HR and Marketing to bring thought leadership to our sustainability efforts and play a key role in executing against our sustainability plan.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Support environmental impact measurement. Propose new and innovative ways to measure our impact.
- Work with HR on office sustainability culture including employee communication and engagement.
- Work with the business units to execute on assigned sustainability projects. This could include customer-specific initiatives, plant-level projects, or ingredient sourcing work.
- Help identify areas where to focus on sustainability to inform 2021 sustainability planning.
- Provide general support to the cross-functional sustainability committee such as meeting administration, report creation and progress tracking.
- Enrolled or recently graduated in a graduate program in sustainability management, environmental studies, or similar program.
- 4- year degree from an accredited college
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
Knowledge and Skills:
- Passion for corporate sustainability
- Curiosity and ability to bring new ideas/methodologies to the team.
- Demonstrated interest in the food and beverage industry.
- Ability to work independently.
- Teamwork- ability to work in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Communication - ability to communicate professionally with colleagues verbally and in written format.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills - gather, analyze, and utilize information to recommend the best and most effective decisions for SunOpta.
- Adaptability & Coordination Skills - adjust actions and respond to dynamic changes and needs of the operations team while managing functional tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills, ability to work with complex formulas.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
100% of work is expected to be performed in an office environment.
SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries.SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER