Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for managing quality systems in the day-to-day plant setting. Scope includes all business units at the facility.
*** (Work Schedule) This is a night shift/12 hour position based from 6 pm-6 am. Flexibility will be required for training/coverage as needed. Work days are the ABCD crew format (2 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off…repeating every two weeks)
Essential Job Duties
- Schedules Quality Technicians and other support for all business units as needed. Verifies performance of quality technicians (conformance to routine, understandings and effectiveness, corrective action communication).
- Assures Quality conformance to specifications and expectations for all products and processes. Follows up with supervision/management on all exceptions and corrective actions. Communicates quality programs and specifications to quality team.
- Supervises all testing procedures, hold resolution, equipment calibration, etc., and coordinates with other departments to ensure all work is done in a timely, accurate, efficient and effective manner.
- Dispositions held goods (raw, finished and in process) including communication and execution of sampling plans.
- Executes Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) programs at the front line/shop floor level.
- Works with sensory teams to assure that program is operating in accordance with expectations.
- Develops/trains quality team members and hourly personnel in quality awareness, food safety and other related areas. Promotes a food safe environment.
- Monitors GFSI program effectiveness and conformance.
- Supervises and/or monitors department and Company employees to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) by all.
- Performs plant sanitation and food safety audits according to program, including with visitors from our customer food manufacturing companies, the Food and Drug Administration or the State Dept. of Agriculture.
- Collects Quality scoring (QI) data and constructs regular reporting per program.
- Works with customers on quality initiatives for products, programs and processes as directed.
- Works with R & D team on new product and product improvement initiatives. Coordinates collection and shipment of samples and data as requested.
- Reviews raw material quality information for conformance to standards.
- Monitors pest control documentation and assist with program maintenance.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- The primary duty is managing and scheduling all productions for the plant, which comprises roughly 100% of their time.
- The position is responsible for job plans, organizing, supervising, controlling, and evaluating the work of direct reports.
- This position gives input and particular weight in decision making for interviewing, hiring, appraising performance, rewarding and discipline, firing and/or change in status.
- This job has approximately 24 direct reports and indirect reports in the following jobs: Coord, Operations Support & Workforce Scheduling Specialist.
- Supervisor is responsible for overseeing day-to-day quality and food safety initiatives. This position oversees all quality technicians for their assigned shift(s). Authority includes communication and appropriate policy and programs, identification of quality opportunities, corrective action initiatives and follow-up.
- This position reports directly to the Quality Manager for the facility. Direct reports of the position include lab technicians.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others individually and in team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office efficiently (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Good problem solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science (or a related field); a minimum of 1 year experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience preferred, depending on quality of experience.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
- Must have or be able to obtain HACCP and SQF certification.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee must be able to sit most of the day, typing and using the phone.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee can become exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or hot/humid conditions and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Floors are often slippery with water, oil and dust.
- Minimal travel required; approximately 5%.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.