Supply Chain Robotics Project Engineer
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This position will be a member of the Bimbo Bakeries USA Supply Chain Process Improvement Team which provides nationwide support for all supply chain operations. Team members work individually and in groups with local management teams to design and implement WMS, automation and robotic solutions that improve the supply chain operational efficiency of targeted distribution centers, and plants. Operational areas of focus include but are not limited to shipping, transportation, inventory management, materials handling equipment, staffing, network optimization, and facility design. The person filling this role must be a highly motivated individual who leads with behaviors that encourage innovation, change, and teamwork.
Position can be remote based with occasional travel to Horsham, PA.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Conduct process studies to discover opportunities for cost reduction and performance improvement.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret operational data to create and implement lasting efficiency and/or quality improvement solutions.
- Support new facility openings ensuring the most efficient layout and proven best practices are in place and followed.
- Basic time study skills to evaluate alternatives and select the most efficient method of operation.
- Deploy and train users on supply chain technology.
- Document, present and train on best practices.
- Explore and recommend new technology and processes to improve supply chain efficiency especially in the area of guided vehicles and articulating arm robotics.
- Meet with potential outside vendors, select vendor and direct them by providing a clear understanding of project objectives, limitations, and timelines.
- Use project management principles for planning, scheduling, executing, and controlling all projects.
- Work with local management to assist in the development of robust economically driven business cases and capital justifications.
- Measure results and success rates of initiatives through use of Key Performance Indicators.
- Meet or exceed established safety, service, cost, and productivity goals.
BS, ME or IE preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- 3-5 years of Logistics experience including design, evaluation, and implementation of material handling systems that incorporate automation and robotics.
- Strong knowledge of material handling equipment (racking systems, forklifts, AGV#39;s, Articulating arms, etc.)
- Competent user of the MS Office Suite, and ACAD.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication/presentation skills to articulate recommendations for changes.
- Ability to lead/contribute in a cross-functional team environment.
- Innovative out-of-the-box thinking skills to drive transformational change.
- 80% travel required. Multiple shifts. Some weekends during project launches.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.