The work of our Sourcing and technical team begins with you! Our procurement team develops strategies for sourcing and acquiring raw materials, ingredients, supplies, equipment and services for use in operations.
Supplier Development Coordinator
Johnsonville’s Sourcing team has an exciting opportunity for a detailed and results oriented professional to spearhead supplier development efforts within the Sourcing team. This position will support contract manufacturing--meat and ingredient categories through identifying, onboarding and spearheading continuous improvement efforts across the supply base. This position will interact cross functionally with Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Engineering, Q&FS and the external supply base.
- Using the innovation pipeline as a framework, identify and develop external suppliers who can provide strategic value to Johnsonville by delivering products of the highest quality and food safety standards at best cost
- Act as an owner and steward of Johnsonville’s product quality by ensuring that systems are in place to protect the Johnsonville brand and enhance customer and consumer satisfaction
- Actively manage communications across the entire organization to align co-manufacturing--meat and ingredient activities with internal stakeholders
- Identify and implement process improvements internally and with suppliers resulting in improved efficiency, quality, service and/or cost
- Collect, analyze and distribute data related to vendor performance to guide category strategies
- Lead tier two spend reviews internally, as well with strategic suppliers and co-manufacturers
- Interpret complex data, resulting in new insights and recommendations for category buyers
- Represent the team and Johnsonville professionally and conduct business according to the values of a world class organization.
- Promote a culture of inclusiveness, teamwork and cooperation that allows the Johnsonville Way to thrive and prosper throughout the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in food manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing and Sourcing experience highly desirable
- Meat processing experience highly desirable
- Strong track record of demonstrated success
- Knowledgeable on a wide range of food manufacturing processes
- Experience with process improvement, data analysis and change management efforts
- Strong business acumen, negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships
- Team player who promotes the Johnsonville Way culture
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities with the flexibility to adjust as needed
- Great communication and presentation skills with ability to instill confidence and trust
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to lead major projects and change management efforts
- Self-starter with a keen awareness of customer and team needs
- Critical and creative thinker
- Ability to manage a heavy travel schedule (+ 50%)
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
About our Company
Since 1945, our family-owned band of sausage-makers has invented better ways to make, eat and prepare crave-able sausage. Today, we are 2,000 Members strong. We sell our famous sausage in all 50 United States and more than 40 countries. We have a culture built on the idea that if we make developing your talents our top priority, great business results will follow naturally. We call it The Johnsonville Way. It has been our secret sauce for decades, and we hope you get to experience it for yourself!