The Lakeland Distribution Center, a 30,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7; is currently seeking a Supervisor, Shipping & Receiving to join our team. In this role you will oversee the Shipping & Receiving of our greenhouse grown product: Tomatoes, Peppers and Cucumbers to our customers in a timely and safe manner and ensure the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment.
Full time shifts: 1st Shift 6:30a—3:30p (Rotating off days, must be flexible with weekends and holidays)
- Carry out day-to-day supervision of staff, and overseeing work organized by team leaders
- Provide leadership to a team of associates, encouraging teamwork and providing training to excel with the organization
- Ensure product is slotted/shipped correctly
- Ensure quality, delivery and budget objectives are met
- Follow commodity specialist allocations and change orders
- Ensure all areas work together to fill orders in a timely fashion
- Maintain communication with Commodity Inventory Controller on product needed for transfers
- Responsible for loading, counting and verifying NAV tag & quality of transfers
- Execute and ensure the process of entering pick tickets in the NAV ERP
- Ensure schedule attainment. Escalate any product availability issues to managers or commodity planners that may cause a missed transfer departure
- Create regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information, as well as other Company data, including personnel information
- Ensure the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment
- Carry out other required task as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in Supply Chain Management related field desired. Will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in shipping/receiving or related environment; food industry experience is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a lead or supervisory role preferred.
- Must have proven track record of managing large groups of associates.
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, present information and direction, and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Spanish as a second language would be an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel; prior experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), i.e. NAV JDA, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance to all relevant statues and guiding principles (FDA, USDA, MIOSHA, OSHA, CFIA) is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to work flexible hours.
- Ability to operate Stand-up Hilo and other related powered industrial equipment (reach truck, forklift, pallet jack).
- Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree controlled temperature zones.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending, squatting, and crawling on a regular basis
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Weekly payroll
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.