Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the general direction of the Department Manager, the Supervisor, Production is responsible for the direction and control of the processing and/or packaging departments during a production shift.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides leadership and training for efficient, maximum utilization of available resources.
- Maintains responsibility for monitoring and maintaining effective cost controls, in regard to efficiencies, waste, pounds/hour, overtime, and crewing. Adheres to budgetary guidelines as established by plant Management.
- Maintains responsibility for overseeing maintenance of acceptable standards of sanitation within the plant and the immediate surroundings outside perimeters of operation.
- Maintains open communications between adjoining shift supervision to ensure smooth transition of operation from shift to shift. Communicates with support departments (Q.A., Human Resources, etc.) as needed.
- Maintains responsibility for keeping processed and packaged items within established quality standards.
- Monitors and maintains equipment speeds at established production specifications.
- Ensures completion of all forms, paperwork and records on a timely basis.
- Performs Leader Standard Work daily and maximizes production efficiency and yields, and ensures the most efficient coordination of plant functions during shift operations.
- Maintains responsibility for the implementation of and adherence to the safety program for the respective shift.
- Maintains responsibility for overall security and general welfare of the plant during their shift.
- Maintains responsibility for employee complaint resolution and the implementation of and adherence to the corporate progressive disciplinary program for the respective shift.
- Ensures the highest standards for product quality by identifying and correcting process variability.
- Produce to Sales orders in the most efficient manner.
- Maintains and enhances the non-union participative work environment we have established.
- Delivers process improvement ideas that reduce costs or increase productivity.
- Develops the potential of each associate in order to improve the team results.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by Plant Management.
Scope of Responsibility
Directly supervises all production associates on the respective shift in the Operations Pretzel Processing, Fried Foods and Packaging departments. Executes supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization#39;s policies and applicable laws; responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education and Experience
Bachelor#39;s degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Operations Management, Engineering or Business Administration; or a minimum of 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Must have supervisory experience (preferably in food processing). Knowledge of P.C.#39;s and latest software is required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Must have valid Driver#39;s License. AIB Certificate or team based training a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work weeks of 50 hrs. or more are common.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can become exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Floors are often slippery with water, oil and dust.
Travel is not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.