Within our 300-person Allendale, Michigan manufacturing facility (20 minutes from Grand Rapids), we are seeking a highly qualified Processing Supervisor on our Plant Production team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world#39;s best", it#39;s why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- Use your natural leadership ability daily to build, lead, mentor, develop, and grow highly functioning teams of up to 40 hourly individuals.
- Provide direction to all Cheese Processing employees on shift to ensure production schedules are met, quality standards are achieved, equipment is maintained, and employees are properly trained and working in a safe manner and environment.
- Assure that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Maintain high productivity and cost effectiveness through accurate scheduling of production and processing operations, maintenance, and workforce planning.
- Demonstrate leadership by implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development to ensure peak employee efficiency.
- Accept an exciting environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical aptitude is the norm, not the exception. Take ownership of your career - it#39;s yours to grow if you#39;re willing to put the work in.
- Supervise the daily shift operations to ensure production standards and quality parameters are met, initiate maintenance work orders to minimize downtime, and coordinate sanitation program efficiency.
We#39;d love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor#39;s degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Chemical Engineering, related field OR five (7) years of previous production leadership experience.
- Two (2) years of previous experience as a supervisor, superintendent, or manager in a fast-paced manufacturing environment leading teams of at least 20.
- The ability to perform shift work in a 24/7 operational plant (the milk never stops coming).
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
We hope you also have:
- A Master#39;s in Food or Dairy Science, Food Technology, or Chemical Engineering including four (4) years as a production supervisor in a dairy manufacturing facility (cheese, yogurt, cream, or milk).
- People leadership within the food or beverage manufacturing industry.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering you in return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods#39; history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We#39;ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world#39;s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the "World#39;s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company." To help us achieve that bold vision, we#39;re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids