Job Req ## 655075
Industrial Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Supervisor, Plant Maintenance
LOCATION: Lowell Ohio Area 45744 (Small Town 90 miles from a big city)
SALARY: $60-70K + Bonus
EXPERIENCE: 2+ Years Experience
RELOCATION: Small Lump Sum
Please Note ** this is a very small town in Southeast Ohio **
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains daily work log documenting the salient equipment/process incidents requiring follow-up actions.
- Participates in, and supports, the department safety training program. (I.E.: weekly safety meetings, shop safety inspections, enforcement of lock-out/tag-out program, Arc Flash/Shock Hazard Program, enforcement of the confined space program, etc.).
- Conducts accident investigation of all injuries requiring medical attention (or as requested by Plant management).
- Assesses the skills and abilities of assigned personnel and develops training opportunities to close the skills gap.
Development of the Weekly Work Schedule
- Receives approved schedules together with relevant work orders and other planning documents from the planner/scheduler. Discusses work schedule as necessary to understand special instructions or considerations to be observed in the execution of the jobs and reviews new jobs coming up in the future.
- Coordinates work process improvement actions to streamline the accomplishment of the work schedule.
- Supervises the quality of workmanship of assigned work crew by auditing work during and after work completion.
- Adjusts weekly work schedule each day to ensure adequate work coverage based upon the work order priority and craft availability.
- Reviews the actual labor expended versus estimated labor and material used for completed jobs, in order to determine corrective measures needed to improve the accuracy of estimating and improving methods of doing work.
- Assists planner in examination of jobs to be done and determination of scope and best way to accomplish the work.
- Obtains blueprints, drawings, instructional manuals and special procedures, as needed, from files or other sources. Makes any additional sketches, diagrams, etc., necessary to clarify the intent of the work order.
- Knowledgeable of and able to utilize the computerized maintenance management system to accomplish department goals.
- Thoroughly understands and supports the work management process. Enforces department adherence to proper work request/order procedures.
- Ensures the safety needs are given a top priority in work execution.
- Notes equipment/process performance improvement opportunities, opens work requests to document improvement suggestions, and facilitates equipment improvement opportunities by working with the Planning & Scheduling to effect necessary planning and work scheduling.
- Acts as the principle contact between Production Supervision and the Maintenance Department.
- Ensures the production areas receive prompt, efficient and quality service from the maintenance function and ensures the maintenance function is given the opportunity to provide this service.
- Coordinates plant maintenance requirements with the Planner/Scheduler to effect necessary upgrades, modifications and repairs.
- Keeps the Maintenance Manager properly informed on all abnormal or critical situations and seeks advice on matters outside of the supervisor’s knowledge or authority.
- Utilizes data to analyze equipment failure modes, Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF), etc. and suggests/implements improvement processes to reduce or eliminate equipment/process failures (I.E.: PM inspection improvements, predictive maintenance techniques, maintenance employee training, etc.).
Preventative Maintenance Program
- Assists the Planner/Scheduler in the development of PM inspections for new/existing equipment.
- Ensures Preventive Maintenance (PM) inspections are completed as written in the work order.
- Recommends additional PM inspection tasks as a result of equipment failure mode analysis, MTBF, and other statistical means to identify possible equipment failure events.
- Recommends PM inspection frequencies (days, cans or cases produced, hours, etc.).
- Works with the Planner/Scheduler to implement production based PM frequency rates (I.E.: bottle counts, case counts, hours of operations, etc.) to reduce over-inspecting equipment and wasting maintenance labor.
Education & Experience:
- Two (2) years experience in a high speed manufacturing environment with a mechanical/electrical background required.
- Strong leadership capabilities in a fast-paced production environment required.