Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Supervise maintenance personnel and insure the facility and equipment are in a safe and operational state of readiness at all times in order to meeting daily production requirements. Direct and assign personnel to necessary tasks. Ensure that all personnel adhere to all FSQA Food Safety Procedures and follow all safety procedures. Perform electrical and mechanical repairs as needed. Ensure compliance with Preventative Maintenance Program. Perform Root Cause Analysis on equipment failures
This list is to be used as a general overview and may be revised to reflect changes to accommodate current needs.
- Assists Maintenance Manager in maintain the facility and equipment in a safe and operational state of readiness at all times in order to meeting daily production requirements.
- Assists Maintenance Manager with breakdowns and call-ins.
- Assists in the established preventative maintenance program which includes lubrication, inspections and engineering sanitation schedules to minimize production down time.
- Participates in the development of the engineering department staff.
- Assists in the scheduling of engineering staff to support schedules, production and non-production hours.
- Helps maintain the engineering department s shop and equipment.
- Assists in purchasing and maintaining proper inventory levels of equipment spare parts.
- Consults with Maintenance Manager on long and short term improvement needs.
- Facilitates open communication with each subordinate and department head to ensure equipment problems are addressed on a timely basis.
- Assists in maintaining comprehensive and complete engineering records, including preventative maintenance manuals.
- Support all regulated equipment and processes.
- Contributes to the production of a consistent quality product through maintaining and updating facility engineering practices.
- Aids Maintenance Manager in keeping all outside agency compliance, mandates, inspections, and requirements including: OSHA, AQMD, HAZMAT, AIB, insurance, county, state and federal agencies.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and two-way communication with co-workers and other personnel throughout the Company.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Education 14-16 years, plus industry related coursework, i.e., AIB
- Years of Experience 5-10 years
- Language Skills None
- Computer/Software Skills SAP, Excel, Outlook, ADP and E-time Systems, Microsoft Word, Power Point
- Travel requirements - None
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.