JOB TITLE: 2022 Summer Internship Program
FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Research and Development, Quality Assurance, Other
REPORTS TO: TBD
SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries.SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for passionate and self-motivated students to join our 2022 Summer Internship Program. Internships will last between 8 - 12 weeks based on the successful candidates#39; availability.Internship positions will be paid competitively.
Please apply online today if you have interest in any of the following departments: Research and Development, Quality Assurance, Sustainability, or Engineering.Other internship opportunities may arise, if you have interest in the food industry, but aren#39;t studying one of the programs above, we still encourage you to apply!
Interns will work with professionals at SunOpta to experience their "day jobs" - and gain insight into the Food and Beverage manufacturing industry, while working projects, and assisting employees with improving processes.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- R&D Internship:
- Improving current product yield and quality
- Assisting in product lab and pilot trials
- Preparing prototypes
- Assisting on process and product documentation
- Interacting with other functions like QA, Engineering, and Sales
- Quality Assurance Internship:
- Utilization of QA data to determine quality of a product
- Root cause analysis
- Food safety and HACCP plans
- Allergen management programs
- Candidates must be working toward a Food Science, or appropriate degree - Engineering, Chemical, Mechanical, Food Agricultural, Bio-Chemical, Microbiological will be considered.
- Candidates must be in their junior, or senior year of college working toward an appropriate degree.
- Graduate students will also be considered.
- Previous internship experience is preferred
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership
- Travel may be required to various SunOpta locations for plant trials or other job-related functions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER