We Invest in Smithfield’s Future by Investing in Yours.
The Smithfield Foods internship program offers students a paid opportunity to work in an environment that fosters real-life experiences, explores career options, and applies your education. You will become a part of key management meetings and participate in meaningful projects. Our goal is to provide a working environment that not only encourages creativity, but offers equality, diversity, mutual respect and productivity. Our summer internships are typically 10 weeks.
Our Summer Internship roles will be based in various locations across the country and offer potential travel opportunities. You will have exposure and the opportunity to broaden your skills through impactful work, mentored relationships, and will gain real world exposure to different disciplines on Smithfield’s team.
- Focus on assignments and projects within your identified track
- Complete Learning Plan and master the skills and tasks identified
- Attend team and customer meetings within your functional area
- Develop and execute process and procedures to alleviate challenges within your functional area
- Create formal proposals and presentations to various levels of management
- Attend developmental training and workshops for the Summer Internship Program
- Cross-Collaborate with current interns on a summer project
- Present during End-of-Summer Presentations to Executive Leadership, Management and Peers
- Agribusiness, Meat Science, Food Science, Animal Science or related major.
- Must have completed your sophomore year in college.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
- Willingness to learn and work in a team environment.
- Proactive thinker and self-motivated.
- Strong time, project, and organizational management skills.
- The ability to work independently.