The Strategic Sourcing Manager I works under general supervision negotiating & managing contracts, creating strategies to leverage opportunities while managing risks to optimize results to benefit DFP.
- Fundamentals of the Position: Under general supervision negotiates and manages contracts in accordance with policies and procedures, manage risk and initiate strategies to drive productivity, quality, and service
- Negotiate high level complex contracts while delivering world-class results
- Creates strategies and can modify them quickly to take advantage of opportunities and to manage risks. Communicate in all forms and construct presentations for review with Senior Management
- Manage complex problems and offer compelling solutions based on facts
- Serves as the internal and external expert for the Procurement function for their categories
- Optimize team and personal results via appropriate prioritization
- Create, manage, and stimulate the creative process of others to deliver new solutions; Construct compelling strategic strategies
- Manage complete portfolios in both Manufacturing & Buy/Sell
- Demonstrates the "Dawn Values" of Team Dawn and supports the Circle of Excellence
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Packaging or Packaging & Technology preferred; Accounting/Finance, Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related field also considered
- Minimum of 7-10 years sourcing experience, with a minimum of 6 years direct packaging experience managing numerous suppliers, with an annual spend of $60-$120MM
- Potential to expand portfolio scope into other related areas
- Skillful understanding of related derivative markets
- Process orientated facilitator of full Strategic Sourcing bid & negotiation process (RFI, RFQ, & award)
- Strong negotiation skills, problem solving ability and strategic thinking ability; Exceptional communications skills; Ability to work cross-functionally with Sales & Marketing
- Knowledge of general supply chain processes, procedures, and inventory management concepts
- Proficiency with data extraction using ERP systems
- Proficiency with EXCEL, ACCESS, PowerPoint, MS Project; SAP experience preferred
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.