Strategic Pricing Manager, Digital Acceleration Team
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé USA (NUSA), we are committed to providing high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we are empowered to make meaningful contributions that positively impact our families, communities, and planet. With our portfolio of global brands, the opportunities to innovate and grow are limitless. As the world\u2019s leading food and beverage company, our focus is not only about delighting our customers, it\u2019s about enriching you!
Digital Acceleration Team \u2013 The Organization You Will Be Part Of
We have established a central Digital Acceleration Team to drive a culture of data and analytics driven business decision-making, from the executive boardroom to the store shelf. To fulfil this vision, we are building advanced data, analytical and automation capabilities while also delivering improved cross-functional insights to help the enterprise make faster and better decisions to ultimately win in the marketplace.
Position Summary \u2013 Your Impact
The Pricing and Promotions Manager will contribute to NUSA long-term growth and profitability through support of strategic pricing and promotions initiatives. They will be responsible for providing support to Strategic Pricing Projects. Involvement in the project will be from evaluating the market to the execution of pricing in the market place.
To help NUSA achieve its goal of developing and implementing a robust pricing and promotions strategy, the Pricing and Promotions manager will have a deep understanding of pricing and profitability issues. The manager must achieve fluency in databases and systems in order to perform rigorous data analyses that will help the Pricing team make critical pricing and promotions decisions. Lead and assist the analysts in the preparation and presentation of the pricing recommendations.
Primary Responsibilities \u2013 What You\u2019ll Do
- Help drive pricing and promotional strategy and tactics, monitor implementation, and evaluate performance on an ongoing basis
- Develop pricing recommendations (proposed prices and overall impact) based on analyses (of product volume, margin and competitiveness) to Strategic Revenue Management Team in the price setting process, and for price list and price policy discussions
- Ensure testing & implementation of national and zone pricing guidelines
- Present and facilitate discussion on Pricing recommendations to cross functional groups
- Leveraging internal operational and financial and external consumption data to create analysis, reports and results oriented feedback for key products and product categories.
- Build dynamic tools that empower clients to make sound pricing and promotion decisions.
- Provide support to assist in building pricing financial targets and drive collaboration discussion on those targets.
Your Team \u2013 Who You\u2019ll Work With
You will coach and lead a stellar team of Pricing Analysts. In addition, you\u2019ll be a leader on the Digital Acceleration Team, working closely with the leadership team and cross functional partners and leaders across the organization.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor\u2019s degree required; major in Accounting/Finance preferred. Master\u2019s degree preferred
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in Strategic Revenue Management/Pricing.
- CPG experience is preferred
- Hands-on knowledge of financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and footnotes thereto
- Hands-on knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition, matching, full disclosure, cost-benefit relationship, materiality, and conservatism)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Proven ability to formulate pricing strategies that enhance brand value for customers and consumers and connect with the overall strategy of the business
- Strong project management skills and drive for results
- Strong analytical, quantitative and financial modelling skills including the ability to effectively utilize data from multiple sources to drive decisions
- Strong financial acumen, including the ability to optimize business results and achieving top and bottom-line growth targets
- Highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills; strong communication capabilities, both verbal and written
- Ability to lead by example, with a \u201croll-up the sleeves\u201d, hands-on style that supports a culture of accountability
- Strong communication skills - comfortable communicating the complexities of pricing at very senior levels within the organization
- Experience with external market/consumption databases and financial database warehouse systems preferred.
- Comfortable leading multiple projects/priorities simultaneously in a dynamic business environment
- Working knowledge of financial concepts & principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, Economic Profit, etc.
- Basic financial modelling skills
- Experience with Excel, Access, SAP, Azure, SQL, Visualization Software (PowerBI experience preferred) to solve business problems
- Experience with data analysis tools such as R or Python is a plus
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.