Strategic Planning Manager
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The Strategic Planning Manager is a member of the Corporate Strategy team at Tillamook. This role will be responsible for managing the long-range planning process at Tillamook, including strategic analysis and insights, prioritization, action and measurement. Responsibilities also include driving alignment across functions acting as the primary linkage between functional areas and corporate direction.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Strategic Planning: Manage the corporate strategic planning process, including the annual refresh of the 5-Year Long Range Plan to meet Tillamook’s short-term and long-term goals
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop strategic priorities and goals. Leverage internal and external subject matter experts for strategic analysis frameworks (category, segment, consumer, channel, competition trends and Tillamook capabilities assessments, etc.) to identify growth and profit opportunities across the business
- Own the timeline management and communications to facilitate the strategic planning process. Develop communication plans to relay vision and strategy for winning in the market
- Integrate closely with other cross-functional workstreams including annual budgeting, category planning, marketing, sales, and operations planning. Align resource-planning and functional goals with overall company strategy to enable operational excellence
- Drive consensus across the organization. Work cooperatively with cross functional leaders, expanding involvement and building buy-in
- Partner with Finance on the annual budgeting process to ensure proper visibility on key investments and expected financial results
- Support the development of materials to be presented to the company executives, the Board of Directors and employees to communicate and build engagement and buy-in
- Support the planning and facilitation of organization-wide strategic planning meetings. Support the development of content in key planning meetings as well as delivery of planning tools
- Strategic Performance Management: Responsible for the development and on-going management of the Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) framework, ensuring the strategic priorities, objectives and key results are updated and visible across all functions
- Strategic Analysis & Modeling: Provide support and insight into significant strategic initiatives that drive strategic and financial value for Tillamook (e.g. mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, significant strategic investments in capability building etc.)
- Assist in strategic transaction planning and vetting, including gathering information from various sources and incorporate multiple views into well-reasoned recommendations
- Responsible for performing market analysis, providing analytic and financial modeling support and project managing assigned strategic initiatives
- Work closely with Finance to ensure financial feasibility of strategic initiatives
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Math, or Engineering; MBA preferred
- 5-9 years of experience in corporate development, corporate strategic planning, investment banking, or management consulting
- Equipped with superior analytical skills including the ability to build complex financial and decision models from scratch with limited oversight. Strong Excel skills required
- Fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and quantitative analyses. Familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Ability to formulate insights around complex business problems
- Direct experience in forming strategic recommendations using proven frameworks
- Experience with partnering with leadership teams and working with executives to drive alignment
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to synthesize analysis into succinct, executive-ready written, visual and verbal communications
- Superior interpersonal and collaboration skills: Ability to motivate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional planning and organizing skills: Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once, to operate with a high degree of ambiguity
- Strong team player with the ability to excel in an agile, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Self-sufficient, confident leading teams and processes
- Passion for a values-driven company culture
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA