Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
Within Corbion, the Algae Ingredients division develops new applications and markets for algae-based food and feed ingredients. We have a range of products that deliver breakthrough innovations for human and animal nutrition by offering cost-efficient, sustainable, safe and clean algae oils, fats and proteins.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Strategic Marketing Director who will take responsibility for structuring and leading Strategic Marketing projects and programs that drive current and future revenue and profit growth and contributing to multidisciplinary projects.
The Marketing Director Algae Ingredients will structure and lead to the Algae Ingredients Marketing efforts which are focused on the positioning of Corbion Algae Ingredients, the development of value propositions, the exploration and recommendation of future markets/applications and competitive analysis. He or she will be supported by a Marketing Manager who will develop communication materials to drive lead generation for existing product lines as well as sales collateral development.
The Marketing Director will report directly to the President of Algae Ingredients and will closely collaborate with other functions such as Product Management, Business Development, Sales and Finance.
- Developing a B2B marketing strategy and leading the implementation and execution of said strategy.
- Structuring market development projects in order to develop new customer segments, application areas and regions.
- Effectively positioning the new and existing products for maximum growth and profitability.
- Developing and optimizing value propositions.
- Take ownership of branding, lead generation, advertising, sponsorships, events, digital marketing with the support of a marketing manager.
- Focused on acquiring new and retaining existing customers.
- Collaboration with an array of cross-functional team members and external parties is essential to increasing marketing#39;s contribution to revenue.
- Development of an internal and external network
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for an experienced international B2B strategic marketing leader with a strong business acumen. In addition, the Marketing Director will meet the following criteria:
- A degree in Marketing, International Business or similar; MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position within the food ingredients industry.
- A track record in driving international business growth through strategic marketing.
- Strong analytical skills; including experience reviewing business performance results and making recommendations for future actions
- Excellent communication skills - strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Dynamic, motivating, and entrepreneurial-minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines. Proactive mentality with curiosity and desire to learn.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail
- Must be comfortable with changing opportunities and priorities
- Team player with ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix organization.
- This position requires a candidate with a blend of strategy, technical, creative, analytic and project management expertise. The right candidate has a strong drive for results and a natural curiosity.
We offer the opportunity to be part of a world class global team and work with a revolutionary product portfolio that adds value on all levels. A chance to take ownership and connect your personal success to the undisputable future of bio based food and feed ingredients.
In addition, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of bio-based products.
- Personal development opportunities. We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline, that will give you the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
We actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute towards our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our sustainable ingredient solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. With a worldwide network of production facilities, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries, Corbion is known for quality, product innovation, and customer orientation, as well as for its collegial, informal and results-oriented company culture.