Combining modern science and artistic culinary application, the Meat Flavor Experts INNOVA provides high impact taste fidelity with its Robust brand of meat flavors. Profiles are available in every nuance imaginable from specific notes to complex ethnic flavors systems. INNOVA provided a full spectrum of savory flavors through the Savor Notes line.
Territory: East Coast (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland
Purpose of the Position
To find new profitable clients, expand business with current clients, and maintain current clients, in a manner that maximizes company revenues and profits while minimizing the use of internal resources. After identifying target (s) lead and direct the activities of R&D Application Scientist and work with other internal departments to provide the support needed to close business opportunities. This contributes the revenue needed to run the business and controls the efforts of others to maximize productivity and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for building commercial strategy for the territory. Support the marketing team in building strategic analysis report for the region. Develop specific action plans per account for all key projects.
- Use of all commercial tools provided using the Challenger Sales approach (commercial insight selling: teach, tailor and take control).
- Help customer ride through out the buying process and help them achieve their goals making them feel successful in the process.
- Presents the companies#39; products and services to prospective clients in such a way that the client is willing to purchase these at an acceptable profit level.
- Obtain new and maintain current sales volume at revenue and profit levels that the company can achieve its#39; yearly growth target
- Determine with marketingwhich regional trade shows to exhibit at and plan/present products to showcase our core capabilities to prospective clients.
- Provide customer, product, and market insight to the companies#39; other functional groups that will help them provide the correct levels and types of support needed to gain new business, increase profitability, or maintain current clients.
- Continually work with R&D Applications to show our products in proactive demonstrations that increase our visibility at prospective and current clients leading to new business opportunities. Continually research and contact new prospective clients to keep sales funnel active so as to ensure continued and planned Business unit growth
- Plan and arrange travel schedules to maximize efficient client contact so as to stay within the provided expense budgets
- Continually monitor and strive for ways to improve profitability through product mix, price negotiations, or product cost reductions so the company reaches its#39; profit goals
- Conduct all requested input for reports, follow up, projects, and other communications so that other functional areas can proceed and function in a timely manner.
- Bachelor#39;s degree required - MBA Preferred
- Strategic Planning, Business Development, Contract Negotiation and Key Account Management experience
- 3-5 Years previous sales experience in ingredient/food - experience in meat/savory flavors preferred
- Experience is successfully utilizing the Challenger Sales/Sense Making Model a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving ability, willingness to work nights and some weekends
- Use of all Windows and Office tools and Microsoft Dynamics, Teams, Skype, etc.
- Ability to think through a complex selling environment--to assess internal and external reactions/consequences to decisions or actions.
- Ability to motivate and challenge reports to get highest level of performance and job satisfaction