- Supervise and manage the Materials Handlers with respect to day-to-day plant operations
- Provide traditional and computer-oriented support as required for shipping/receiving, production control, accounting, quality, and purchasing functions.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships
- Develop and maintain customer relationship with Materials Manager
- Issues written and oral instructions to employees
- Monitor inventory levels
- Set up and maintain warehouse organization, safety and visual management initiatives
- Assist Analysts with inventory discrepancies
- Coordinate and communicate critical supplier shipments
- Work with Acct Managers to control Menu changes discrepancies
- Problem solve systems and team problems
- Communicate critical problems to Materials Manager
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of worked performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.