Support the financial reporting efforts of manufacturing accounting for a facility or plant by assisting with month-end close tasks, preparation and review of financial statements, financial data analysis and reporting, and account reconciliation. This position will require regular travel to the respective plant(s), multi-tasking, sense of urgency, as well as effective communication.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and nurture relationships with team members and plant personnel, including regular visits to the plant(s) as appropriate
- Assist with month-end close, including preparation of journal entries and month-end financial packages/statements
- Work in collaboration with the accounting team in the month-end close process
- Assist in the review and analysis of financials, looking for discrepancies and trends
- Participate and assist with the budgeting and forecasting processes and various supporting analysis
- Assist in the preparation and audit of DSD inventory counts and the inventory production supplies
- Fulfill inquires and engage in ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed to support the growth and development of the business
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for various plants
- Prepare invoice coding for various plants
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, data analysis requests, and management reporting on multiple levels of management
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement within areas of responsibility
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.