At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people#39;s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Sr. Trade Marketing Manager CHC in Broomfield, CO.
Lead Trade Marketing for given brand(s) or channel to translate BU objectives and strategies into sales and channel specific strategies and objectives that drive sustainable, profitable growth in the BU. Ensure that trade spend meets objectives within brands to deliver brand short-term and long-term financial commitments. Facilitate the communication between sales and brand marketing. Provide the business intelligence for given BU/products to the sales team to create and develop customer plans. Steward across go-to-market processes ensuring that sales/customer voice is considered (customer business planning, new product launches, supply chain allocations, hold-back estimates for trade spend allocation, etc.).
Translate BU objectives and strategies into sales and channel specific strategies and objectives
- Own the customer planning process and oversee the development of plan creation (e.g., guidance provided by finance, input from the BU based on priorities, sales creating customer-specific plans, etc.)
- Set clear and specific executional (assortment, merchandising, pricing and shelving) objectives for each brand and communicate objectives to sales team/customer planning using insights from PRGM and the marketing center of excellence
- Ensure that channel specific strategies and innovations are being developed by the BUs (e.g., club-specific SKUs, etc.) work with the BUs and marketing to enhance this process
- Build the trade spending plan and the specific deliverables after sales finance provides target guidance
- Create customer promotion calendar that follows established promotion guidelines and best practices and ensures optimal return on investment
- Audit adherence to the promotion calendar
- Develop and present trade strategies, objectives, and plans at national and regional sales meetings
Maintain trade marketing budget responsibilities
- Work with the BU and finance team to develop trade spending budgets and the specific deliverables that need to be achieved from those investments
- Coordinate with sales finance on how the budget is tracking and make course corrections as needed
- Participate in demand planning meetings to be in the loop on forecasts (especially new product demand) to understand how plans and targets will change
- Lead monthly sales and customer review process to ensure achievement of financial and executional targets support teams in adjusting trade calendar/spend to hit targets
Coordinate with BUs to build the brand plans and stories for sales to execute off of
- Work with BU to develop brand story, including what shopper cares about
- Understand competitive landscape, provide business with context and what is happening in the market
- Provide business intelligence for specific BU/products, be well versed on what is happening in the business
Represent the priorities of sales and the BU, when needed
- Act as a liaison between Sales, Brand Marketing and other staff functions to ensure that customer execution is in line with strategic brand and category objectives
- Provide sales input into the marketing/innovation team regarding product development (e.g., pricing, pack size, etc.) maintain cross-channel view for new product and brand launches
- Ensure consistent BU approach across all the different customers managed by the field teams by ensuring cross functional alignment of trade investment plan
- Represent customer and field voice in internal, cross-functional meetings
Analyze historical trade investments to guide future trade investments
- Determine direction of promotion spend with customer based on historical ROI and relative spend versus others
- Analyze ROI of past trade promotions, use this and new information and tools to determine best investments
- Track a standard and broad set of metrics across customers regularly (i.e. volume, revenue growth, profitability, price points, competitive landscape, etc.) and modify the promotion plan as necessary
Lead commercialization of new product development and launches
- Help shape innovation pipeline by providing relevant insights into the R&D process (e.g., shopper insights, shelving, etc.) especially for product design and packaging design
- Engage with cross-functional innovation team and provide the voice of sales/customers
- Build new product launch plan (i.e., sell deck) to articulate where we are going first with new products, right pricing, ship dates, etc.
- Maintain cross-channel view for new product launches and brand launches and support Danone-WhiteWave leadership in making go/no-go launch decision
- 4 year college degree in Business or related field
- 5+ years previous experience in sales or marketing experience within CPG industry
- Prior experience managing people, relationships with retailer partners, and marketing knowledge is a plus
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including superior communication skills (written and verbal