SUMMARY: The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for providing analysis, support and administration for the Finance department, which supports the Sales, Operations, and Corporate activities of Mizkan, Incorporated. This position reports to the Trade Finance Manager and has no direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
TRADE AUDIT AND CONTROL
- Partner with Sales Ops / SAP teams to assist with reconciliation of following measures between SAP and Trade Pro (monthly):
- Gross Rev, OI, Open Deduction, Check Pmnt Request, Total Trade Spend
- Provide and assist with analysis of following trade reports to ensure trade control is maintained and exposure is minimized:
- : Late Events, Pending_Submitted Events, Crossing Fiscal Years, Completed Events >60 Days Old, Pending_Submitted Events, Forecast vs Time Elapsed, Aged Deductions, DSMP (Display, Shelving, Merchandising, Pricing)
- : Advantage Incentive Tracker, Commissions Packet, Invalid/Repay Tracker
- Review and publish Trade Executive Summary and Phasing Reports to Field Sales personnel
PERIOD AND YEAR-END CLOSE ANALYSIS
- Provide monthly reporting to Corporate Controller
- Checks, Deductions, Promotions, Spend LE by Fund Type, Spend LE by Fund Type_Customer, PPA Tracker (Prior Period Accrual Tracker by Customer)
- Shopper Marketing YTD Reporting
- Perform Monthly Trade Accrual Calculation
- Refresh Prior Fiscal Year Provision Tracker
- Provide year end analysis in cooperation with Corporate Controller
- Year-end Trade Accrual Calculation by Customer, by Allowance
- Provision Accrual Tracker by Customer, by Driver Allowance
INTERNAL MEETINGS/FIELD-BASED VISITS
- Lead monthly trade review calls with RSMs and VPs
- Lead YTD/YTG Reviews (as needed with RSMs and VPs)
- Attend, as needed, Quarterly Planning Meetings with field-based personnel
TRADE OPTIMIZATION AND EFFICIENCY
2020 PLANNING AND EVENT EXECUTION ANALYTICS
- Review "Whammer" planning tool to ensure accurate roll ups and tie out to Trade Pro; communicate any issues/gaps to management team
- Assist with pre and post-event analytics as promotional opportunities arise
- Support sales organization re-alignment (direct & broker network) and assist with data requests specific to customer needs
- Support initiatives to incorporate the vinegar/pepper and sauce brands
- Assist in aligning systems and processes across all brands
- Support ad-hoc projects and analysis as requested from Mizkan Holdings
- Drive additional efficiencies in automated reporting within G2 (analytical platform in TradePro/Exceedra)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor#39;s Degree is required in Finance, Accounting or Business. Other related degrees may be acceptable, but the Applicant must have a high aptitude for dealing with numeric and financial data, as well as statistics.
- 3-5 years Food manufacturing or consumer packaged goods experience.
- Microsoft A/X Dynamics 2009 and/or SAP experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required, including advanced level spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes.
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment and gain the cooperation of individuals across the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Results-oriented with ability to initiate and lead projects to completion.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and results-driven.
- Effective in managing multiple priorities and responding to short deadlines.
- Strong time management, prioritization & organization skills.
- Ability to provide training in person, by phone, or on-line.
- Overtime and travel may be required.