We are hiring a Sr Supply Chain Manager for our Asian food products that are manufactured at our Houston manufacturing facilities (Pasadena & Deer Park). As a member of the leadership team you will be responsible for managing the flow of inbound materials and outbound finished goods through the production facility and distribution center to include: distribution, transportation, order fulfillment, labor productivity, and any off-site 3rd party warehousing.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Develop and monitor forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on inbound materials and outbound finished goods
- Manage and coordinate the material planning, inventory control, storage, shipping, and receiving functions
- Define performance metrics for measurement comparison or evaluation of supply chain factors such as product, cost, or quality
- Direct inbound and outbound shipments of raw materials and finished goods
- Analyze raw material and finished goods inventories to determine how to improve production efficiency increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service
- Coordinate with other corporate and plant-based departments to ensure efficient distribution and flow of materials to satisfy customer demand
- Responsible for the overall direction of work coordination and evaluation of the materials management and Distribution Center teams
- Responsible for managing employees including skills development, safety, housekeeping, policy administration, discipline, performance evaluation, employee relations, cost control, and problem solving
- Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production requirements
- Ensures regulatory compliance to federal, state, and local agencies (DOT, OSHA, EPA, etc.) by monitoring operational performance locally and ensuring corrective action plans are followed that will prevent legal exposure
- Leads development of site level supply chain operating objectives, planning, and reviewing attainment to goals analyzing and reviewing transportation, distribution, and 3rd party performance and monitoring adherence to operating plans
- Establishes and initiates improvement programs for all six business objectives including processes, improved methods, capital investments, and changes to the practices that will improve safety, quality, growth, cost (productivity and controllable costs), service, and culture and efficiently integrate the flow of shipments into and out of the site
- Maintains capital spending budget consistent with the goals and expectations of the business
What we need from you:
Education: Bachelor#39;s degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 8-10 years of related experience
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, and the willingness to compliment a strong and adaptive culture to make the business better
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Authentic leader that can build strong relationships across the division, with all levels
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and a passion to innovate
- Ability to inspire teams and lead necessary improvements to the business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the transportation and distribution industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and manage a diverse workforce across multiple shifts.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to employees all levels of management, Business Units, suppliers, and vendors.
- Basic understanding of accounting and budgeting processes.
- Solid experience with computer systems supporting order processing customer service etc.
- Solid PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Warehouse Education & Research Council and APICs memberships helpful.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwans Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class