For All, For Good, our company signature, reflects Bel#39;s commitment to a healthier and responsible food for all. This mission mobilizes our nearly 13,000 employees every day in over 30 countries to build a profitable and sustainable business model. Universal and positive, you know our global brands - The Laughing Cow®, Kiri®, Mini Babybel®, Leerdammer®, Boursin®, as well as Kaukauna®, Merkts® and Price#39;s® in the U.S. We continue to reinvent our brands to offer healthier and responsible fruit and dairy snacks to all consumers. Do you want to join a company with strong brands that puts consumers and responsibility at the heart of the decision-making process? Then Bel is right for you!
Bel Brands USA has been named Chicago#39;s "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" for 10 years in a row. The company is headquartered in Chicago and operates three manufacturing plants in Little Chute, WI, Leitchfield, KY, and Brookings, SD.
Job Description Summary :
The Senior Supply Chain Initiative Planner is responsible for developing and monitoring supply chain risk assessments and recommending risk mitigation solutions to secure alignment between raw material sources, production capabilities, sales demand, storage and distribution capabilities, and other related factors in support of business goals for a variety of initiatives. This position works collaboratively within Supply Chain and with cross-functional partners on optimization of the supply chain processes.
- Develop and continuously improve supply chain risk assessment tools that accurately evaluate capabilities in material sourcing, production, shipping, packaging, warehousing, and financial resources; work collaboratively with corporate and facility functions to collect and validate data.
- Lead and coordinate the Supply Chain activities within the Implementation phase for product innovation launches or other key promotional activities. Provide supply chain strategic insight, i.e., risk assessments, to ensure that decision making affecting targeted volumes are informed by the organization#39;s fulfilment capabilities; apply knowledge of supply chain capabilities to influence plans or make risk mitigation recommendations.
- For product innovations, develop and monitor key performance indicators to track inventory volume, availability, and location against current and anticipated demand; monitor monthly and weekly production plans, inventory levels, and the movement of materials across multiple facilities for each project or product; report findings and recommend corrective actions to mitigate fulfilment risk to ensure successful launches.
- Prepare tactical plans for our dual sourced brands to ensure that our operational plans are aligned with the sourcing strategy. Provide scenario planning and recommendations based on demand and supply risks.
- Identify areas of operational opportunity within the supply chain process where changes can reduce costs and optimize resources; lead or participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, or LICENSE
- Bachelor#39;s degree in supply chain, logistics, business, or related field or Associates degree plus 3 years working in a similar role.
- Five or more years working in a professional capacity in a supply chain or related function in the consumer packaged-goods industry or with third party firm providing supply chain services to the consumer packaged-goods industry.
- Regular working knowledge as an end user of basic business systems including, but not limited to, SAP, EDI, and various MS Office applications.
- Expert level skills using Excel, databases, and data mining tools to extract and analyze data for actionable decision-making.
- Expert level skills in value chain costing and analysis.
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies including, but not limited to, establishing project timelines, managing scope, motivating teams, and achieving project goals.
Working Conditions: Work is performed largely in a HYBRID ##LI-Hybrid office environment. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours with at least 40 hours a week. At times there will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bel Brands is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Bel Brands also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Bel Brand#39;s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Bel Brands is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the website, please call 312-462-1500.
If you think that this job is for you, please click now on the button "Apply".