Job Posting Title:
Sr. Quality Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the facilities Food Safety and Food Quality Program including all verification and validation activities related to Preventive Controls. Responsible for leading the facilities Food Safety team including the responsibility for performing all hazard analysis on any new raw material or equipment introduced to the facility.
- Leads the plant#39;s efforts to maintain SQF certification. Maintains SQF Practitioner certification.
- Assists with implementing sanitation assurance initiatives, pest control and platform regulatory compliance programs.
- Supports maintenance of standards for cleaning equipment, developing cleaning equipment SOP#39;s and calibration programs. Performs verification and validation activities on the sanitation program.
- Supports sanitation team and initiatives to improve and sustain results in the Environmental Monitoring Programs (EMP and APC swabbing).
- Coordinates key elements of the allergen control program including ingredient labeling, segregation, storage, cleanup process, verification of cleanups, and validation of cleanups, and on-going verification and validation of the entire allergen control program.
- Develops Quality and Food Safety training programs, provides training for production and administrative personnel as required, and ensures employee understanding of training through verification of activities.
- Provides direction and guidance to management during food safety and quality issues to ensure product is appropriately protected and root cause, corrective and preventative actions are identified and implemented.
- Monitors and provides monthly reporting on key food safety measures (HACCP, Food Safety and Prerequisite programs) and leads efforts to drive continuous improvement.
- Coordinates with Operations and Engineering management to evaluate new equipment and facility layout for sanitary design and works cross-functionally to implement necessary corrective action.
- Investigates food safety consumer/customer complaints, identifies appropriate corrective action and provides professionally acceptable written resolution as needed to the platform Food Safety & Quality group and Customers.
- Assists Quality Manager and/or leads as required during Regulatory audits, 3rd party Inspections, Corporate audits, and Customer visits.
- Coordinates product weight control program including routine monitoring, employee training and CAPA where appropriate.
- Coordinates the facility#39;s food safety self-inspection program in support of the facility#39;s internal audit program. Provides on-going coaching and training for facility#39;s internal auditors. Responsible for reviewing all deficiencies, assisting in the development of corrective actions, trending of deficiencies, and tracking and reporting the completion status and verification of corrective actions.
- Acts as liaison for all technical and QA issues between cross-functional departments.
Supports QA technicians across all shifts of production including oversight of plant product sensory program and raw material receiving.
- Address food safety related hold or scrap issues including initiating and closing quality incident reports.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Business or related field.
- Minimum four to six years of experience in Quality Management in a food, beverage or dairy production environment preferred.
- Three or more years of experience supervising or managing quality in a food, beverage or dairy production environment preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of FDA, HACCP, and SQF.
- Food safety audit experience required. SQF (preferred), BRC or other.
- Infinity software experience is a plus.
- Experience of federal/state food safety regulations.
- Computer proficiency. Microsoft Office experience.
- Statistical process control.
LANGUAGE AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Ability to implement quality systems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.