Sr. Quality Assurance Manager
Sr. Quality Assurance Manager provides leadership and guidance in plant level Quality Assurance to ensure compliance with Dairy Foods quality systems for our facility to protect our consumers, our customers, and ultimately build our brands.
Adherence to these quality systems ensures compliance to all regulatory requirements. Directs and facilitates the training and education of the facility manufacturing plant employees with respect to the quality and food safety expectations in the companies Quality Management System (QMS).
- Provide direction and staffing for the producer testing, in-process, finished product and laboratory operations.
- This individual will provide administrative and managerial responsibilities related to the QA function. This includes budgeting/capitalization of the department and providing career development counsel to direct reports and other QA professionals.
- Provide technical support to plant management regarding process/product improvements including key financial input regarding butterfat and solids yields.
- Develops and implements a plant manufacturing assessment process that accurately measures the execution of the companies QMS.
- Develop programs and monitoring systems with site sanitarian to effectively manage the sanitation practices within the plant.
- Responsible for outside service/vendor compliance of all Quality Policies, BRC, GMP’s and AIB Standards.
- This individual will have a BS/BA degree in Food Science or related technical field with proven leadership skills and experience managing people including employee development.
- The individual should have minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in quality assurance, operations and regulatory responsibilities.
- Experience will include the development and implementation of quality assurance programs for high risk products such as ready-to-eat foods, dairy, cooked meats, etc.
- Proven experience in the highly regulated environments of IMS, USDA and wastewater control.
- Proficient with the concepts of hazard analysis, risk assessments, and system/process applications.
- Knowledgeable in quality management techniques of root cause analysis, FME and preventative quality.
- Experience working in a 24/7 operations. This role may require off shift hours, weekends and holidays as required.
- Excellent organizational, communications, interpersonal and team interaction skills.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and a self-starter
- Knowledge of Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO), state and federal regulations.
- Experience and career history with "Fortune 500" type companies strongly desired.
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Jeff Fee at email@example.com.