The Senior Chemist role is with a world class consumer packaged goods manufacturer located in New Jersey, and will be responsible for performing diverse and complex laboratory procedures AND specialized technical administrative services using your technical skills in a cGMP/cGLP QC lab, adhering to SOPs to insure the quality of product.
Part of the day will work in the lab performing these tasks, and part of the day will be in a more administrative capacity, managing vendors performing calibrations services, reporting and driving investigations.
Heavy use of HPLC and ICP-MS, amongst other instruments listed below.
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs advanced sample testing. Processes samples for chemical and /or biological analyses. This may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas
- Heavy use of HPLC and ICP-MS, as well as AA, USP, GC, UV-VIS, titrator, etc.
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus. Prepares specialized solutions / suspensions such as mobile phases or media to perform essential laboratory procedures
- Maintains, calibrates, validates, monitors and troubleshoots laboratory instruments
- Manages vendors contracted to perform calibrations on equipment, acting as their go-to person in troubleshooting problems and reviewing their work for completion and accuracy
- Will conduct investigations on atypical results
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and prepares data for evaluation
- Reports results of assignments, method development and validation and maintains and performs related record keeping
- Participates in designing and conducting investigational studies of atypical results
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
- Trains and mentors other Chemists
-Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, or related science degree
-3 -5 years experience in a laboratory environment
-Analytical laboratory testing (i.e. AA, USP, HPLCs, GCs, ICP, UV-Vis, Titrator, etc)
-High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
-Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
-Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
-Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions