Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The Senior ABAP Programmer/Analyst is responsible for analysis, technical specifications writing, problem solving, programming and testing of Americold#39;s SAP applications.
• Technical development and maintenance of SAP S4 Hana implementation.
• Support all interfaces to the application for upgrades and problem resolution.
• Develop technical specifications for reports, modifications, and extensions.
• Support the end user community with user mentoring, process documentation, and end user training.
• Conduct technical research with recommendations for action into IT related topics: upgrades, systems, methodologies, software, etc.
• Independent task handling and providing optimum technical solutions to Functional team.
• Work directly with the software vendor and service providers for issue resolution and implementation of functionality.
• Present status as required to the IT and business staff.
• Provide off-hour support as needed.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• Bachelor#39;s degree (Computer Science is a plus) or equivalent training and experience
• Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in ABAP is required
Specific Senior-Level Development experience with the following:
• Utilize the ABAP workbench for writing new and modifying existing ABAP and List Viewer (ALV) reports, user exits, Business Add-Ins (BADI#39;s), Business Application Programming Interface (BAPI), Intermediate Documents (IDOC#39;s), and Dialogue Programs
• Perform workflow programming
• Smartforms, Adobe PDF and SAPScripts development
• LSMW workbench, BDC programming
• Exposing and consuming web services to interact with third party applications (API s programming
Additional Necessary Skills include:
• Basic understanding of business processes applicable to various modules in SAP - SD, MM, FI, and PM
• Comfortable with OSSS navigation and OSS note interpretation
• Good understanding of SAP BW
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Demonstrated planning, task organizing and execution skills.
• Strong communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require some travel by automobile and airplane up to 20% of the time
• Requires visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.